Er2

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BoomBoom68, Jun 5, 2008.

1. futuman

futuman

The price for the datafeed is indeed 1GBP, that's about $2. Hardly ruins anybodys account.

#11     Jun 5, 2008
  2. What's the daily volume as of now for this contract? How's the spread?

#12     Jun 5, 2008
  3. Emini S&P Midcap 400 is the only one that moves like the ER2 and gives the same bang for buck

But volume is around 30 thousand a day compared to ER2 300 thousand a day

You'll have to hope everyone jumps on it come August

#13     Jun 5, 2008
  4. For only 1 GBP a month for the ICE/NYBOT data feed, I hope IB sees the light and gives it to customers for free come September. IB should easily make enough profits on NYBOT TF trading to make up the loss of 1 GBP per month per trader.

#14     Jun 5, 2008
  5. <i>"Emini S&P Midcap 400 is the only one that moves like the ER2 and gives the same bang for buck. But volume is around 30 thousand a day compared to ER2 300 thousand a day. You'll have to hope everyone jumps on it come August.</i>

When I started trading ER2 back in 2004, I believe the usual daily volume was something like 50k ~ 60k contracts. It made straighter, bigger moves more often back then... before the endless stream of fade-traders began taking turns losing their accounts trying to buck every directional move.

ER2 still makes significant $$ moves every day, just a bit more erratic now than before.

At this moment in time, EMD is suitable for one to two contracts max. It very often slips one tick on even a single contract, and jumps over limit orders regularly. Not exactly trader friendly in all aspects right now. Remains to be seen what happens ahead, any changes will come at the last minute if/when some ER traders are forced to switch.

As for the cost of data feed? $2 fee to access ICE is irrelevant. Those little costs of doing business as a trader aren't even an afterthought. Honing various trader management skills to maximize profits kept at day's end are the sole focus of importance. Fixed costs are a red herring, the wrong rabbit trail if you'll pardon the mixed metaphors.

#15     Jun 5, 2008
  6. thanks for the info guys - much appreciated

#16     Jun 5, 2008
  7. futuman

futuman

Anybody know since when has the exchange fee of EMD been to zero? At TF it should be 94 cents, but the same applies here. Tough competition between CME and ICE. Good for the customer.:)

#17     Jun 9, 2008
  8. The CME fee waiver on the S&P MidCap 400 started on March 3, 2008 and continues through December 2008.

What we need is exchange competition in all the other contracts to bring the fees down.

#18     Jun 9, 2008
  9. futuman

futuman

CME is such a monopoly that it's really good they have to give up on Russel. More competition would be good but with all these mergers we are hardly gonna see much of that.

#19     Jun 9, 2008
  10. 32168

too bad i cannot trade the er2 option.ICE doesn't start it yet.

#20     Jun 9, 2008