Energy Report survey

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by HappyJoe, Apr 21, 2011.

1. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

Which commodity report would you highly recommend reading first thing in the morning (or afternoon if thats your thing)

- Platts

- ICIS Heren

- Other (Please state)

Interesting to share opinions, most reports although compiled from the reporters calling us traders, they do however call allot of different traders and put together sometimes interesting reports.
    So now is your chance to shout your approval or disapproval!

2. I am a newbie and trying to develop an edge ...

are the two reports you mentioned:

- Platts

- ICIS Heren

good?

3. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

Depends on what you are trading.

4. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

If its European Natural Gas, Oil or chemicals then definitely ICIS Heren.

5. I notice these are just pricing info, not research reports/newsletters?

6. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

They do more, depending on what u subcribe to.

7. Which ones shall I subscribe to if I am interested in research reports/newsletters? Thanks

8. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

I now take it back, after subscribing to ICIS heren for a year, its total rubbish. None of their figures makes any sense, one staff member put me on hold but i could still hear her saying and I quote "dont tell them we make up the figures". Avoid at all costs you been warned.

9. I like Platts personally. Reuters is good but you have to read between the BS and assumptions. PetrochemWire is good for plastics.

Bank newsletters are good for perspective but they typically talk their book. Macquarie and BNP offer pretty thorough daily market analysis. I'm sure there are others. Enerfax is good if you can get on their list.

You won't find a single, consolidated source covering everything.