Education Courses

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by DuyLe, Feb 4, 2012.

1. OK, some are going to hate hearing this, but our very top traders place and fill a few hundred opening only orders, under very tight automated programs. They spoke at our Retreat last year, only to those who attended. They asked for anonymity and didn't want me to spread any info to anyone other than those who attended.

The others in the top 10% do opens and pairs. They all seem to have a few "children" that they trade daily too.

I don't feel comfortable going into any more detail, and I honestly don't even know (other than the open only report) how they make their money. OTHER than risk control, we leave them alone.

Don

#11     Feb 4, 2012
  2. $1000-$10,000 is not a lot to pay for a skill that can generate revenue for you. Especially if you're learning a strategy that you can actually apply.

On other hand, all the "core" classes I took at NYU for $4500 a pop, were worthless.

#12     Feb 8, 2012
  3. slacker

slacker

Yale has posted some new classes complete with class notes and video.

http://oyc.yale.edu/economics

The Financial Theory course was taught by John Geanakopios who at one time founded Ellington Capital Management and served as Managing Director. His examples in class are from a hedge fund perspective and very interesting. At one time Ellington had about $1.8B under management. It has since had some hard going and Geanakopios is very candid about his experience at the fund during the class.

The other class I thought interesting was the Game Theory class.

Both are for 'background' information and will not help you day to day trade. But, may be interesting nevertheless, especially in regard to risk management.

slacker

#13     Feb 8, 2012
  4. There are excellent videos, that my brother and I suggest to new people, on www.khanacademy.org - check the Financial search page.

Don

#14     Feb 9, 2012