Economic Forecast for US Economy for 2010 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Jan 4, 2010.

1. .

January 3, 2010

SouthAmerica: My crystal ball still is very foggy these days, and I would be lying to you if I told you that I understand how it works the new economic system adopted by the United States in 2008.

It is very hard to make any intelligent predictions when today we have a new economic system adopted here in the United States based on stock market manipulations, massive U.S. government intervention and nationalization of major sectors of the US economy.

The American financial system has become a real Fools Paradise.

Today the US taxpayer is banking Wall Street's gambling addiction and risk taking, but if the bets are profitable Wall Street keeps the wins – if the bets are losses then the US taxpayer foot the bills to the tune of trillions of US dollars.

Basically since 2008 the US taxpayer has become the last SUCKERS of the scams run by Wall Street.

Nomi Prins author of “It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street" – she was a former employee of Goldman Sachs – She estimates that bailouts of Wall Street gambling and leveraged risk taking, bank rescues and other economic lifelines could end up costing up to $ 23 trillion US dollars to US taxpayers.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this house of cards can’t go on indefinitely into the future, and that at a certain point we are going to have a massive meltdown.

It would be a waste of time making predictions for a market that is heavily manipulated in many ways, including an artificial financial system based on US government intervention and massive give ways – based on US government subsidies for people to buy cars and foreclosed properties – based on Mickey Mouse accounting system to keep the financial system afloat and so on…

The only prediction for 2010 that I can make is based on my gut feeling:

Brazil will win the 2010 World Cup Tournament in South Africa.

2. Not a chance.

Brazil lacks a world class striker.:)

3. Diego, Nilmar, Kaka, Fabiano, Adriano, Robinho, Pato, Ronaldinho, Graffite and many others.

4. Only Fabiano, Adriano and perhaps Pato would qualify as a real Nr 9 striker in the tradition of Ronaldo or Romario.

Adriano is a known alcoholic, Fabiano scores goals but lacks that special something and Pato is more of a supporting attacker rather than a real center forward.

Other then that Dunga isnt a top coach really.

Good midfield but overcrowded.

Location is a nice plus for Brazil though.

Players are used to being surounded by violence and slums.

Anyway, good luck.:D

My country didnt even qualify.:(

5. The Aquiles heel of the Brazilian National Team is: Dunga

The Brazilian National Team should win the 2010 World Cup despite of having Dunga as its coach.

6. I stopped reading at that point. Let me guess....you're bearish on the USA? :confused:

7. Moderators, please move any and all soccer-related content in this thread to Chit Chat. Thank you. :)

8. If a country wins the World cup it does wonders for the moral so their stockmarket should rise.:)

9. ?....only during a bull market. Besides, money moves markets, not "moral". :D

10. .

SouthAmerica: Reply to Nassdack

You want this thread to be moved to chit chat because of the following part of my posting:

"It is very hard to make any intelligent predictions when today we have a new economic system adopted here in the United States based on stock market manipulations, massive U.S. government intervention and nationalization of major sectors of the US economy.

The American financial system has become a real Fools Paradise.

Today the US taxpayer is banking Wall Street's gambling addiction and risk taking, but if the bets are profitable Wall Street keeps the wins – if the bets are losses then the US taxpayer foot the bills to the tune of trillions of US dollars.

Basically since 2008 the US taxpayer has become the last SUCKERS of the scams run by Wall Street.

Nomi Prins author of “It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street" – she was a former employee of Goldman Sachs – She estimates that bailouts of Wall Street gambling and leveraged risk taking, bank rescues and other economic lifelines could end up costing up to $ 23 trillion US dollars to US taxpayers.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this house of cards can’t go on indefinitely into the future, and that at a certain point we are going to have a massive meltdown.

It would be a waste of time making predictions for a market that is heavily manipulated in many ways, including an artificial financial system based on US government intervention and massive give ways – based on US government subsidies for people to buy cars and foreclosed properties – based on Mickey Mouse accounting system to keep the financial system afloat and so on…"

#10     Jan 4, 2010