ECN ticker codes and symbols

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 7out, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 7out

7out

Where can you find a list of all the different ECN level 1/2 codes and their time and price ticker symbols.

For example:

Edge X is listed as EXB and (T & S) ticker is K
    Edge A is listed as EAB and (T & S) ticker is J

Where do you find the others ????
    OR if someone knows for sure then please list them here and I will make a nice page/list for all to see.

2. 7out, You find anything? I'm interested as well. Do ECN abbreviations differ on different feeds?

3. 7out

7out

I can't believe this post went unaswered for so long (AS IF NO ONE HERE DOES ANY TRADES OR KNOWS WTF I WAS TALKING ABOUT).

In any case, thru lots of experimenting I discovered most of them, however each platform has their own abreviations for each ECN, though it seems most employ the same ticker for P&S.

Exchange----- P/S ticker ------- Prosper Pro (ECN)
    -------------------------------
    Arca Plus ---- N NYSE
    Edge A ------ J EAB
    Edge X ------- K EXB
    Nasdaq ------ D NSDQ
    Nasdaq BX -- B BOSX
    Bats ---------- Z BATS
    Bloomberg -- (Dark) BBRG
    Arca ---------- P PACX
    Cinn --------- C CINN
    CBOE -------- W CBOE

Sterling Pro, pretty much lists the ECN as it is, so not much guess work there.

If any one knows for certain other ticker and ECN codes please post and I will make a nice list FOR EVERYONE TO USE.

:confused: :mad: :confused:

4. D isn't NSDQ, NSDQ is T or Q (T on NYSE I believe, Q on NASDAQ). D is universally FINRA ADF - I.E. darkpools, crossing networks, or other non-exchange liquidity.

Y is Bats Y
    M is CHX
    X is Nasdaq PHLX

5. 7out

7out

Exchange----- P/S ticker ------- Prosper Pro (ECN)
    -------------------------------
    Arca Plus ---- N ... NYSE
    Edge A ------ J ... EAB
    Edge X ------- K ... EXB
    Nasdaq ------ D ... NSDQ
    Nasdaq BX -- B ... BOSX
    Bats ---------- Z ... BATS
    Bloomberg -- D(Dark) ... BBRG
    Arca ---------- P ... PACX
    Cinn --------- C ... CINN
    CBOE -------- W ... CBOE
    Bats BYX----- Y ... BATY
    CHX ---------- M ... CHX
    Nasdaq Phlx- X ... ???

Sterling Pro, pretty much lists the ECN as it is, so not much guess work there.

If any one knows for certain other ticker and ECN codes please post and I will make a nice list FOR EVERYONE TO USE.

6. What else do you want?

NSX = C on t&s's.... Nasdaq Phlx = NQPX on the level 2.

7. Are you 100% sure C is NSX? I so rarely use that exchange (it's the smallest/most useless market center out there) but I was quite sure it prints D, and that the CHX/CHSX/CHEX venue prints C. Have you entered a marketable order on NSX and watched it print C?

8. I agree it is a bs exchange... always the last to be filled. I find they use it on credit stocks to lock levels but most of the time it's useless.

Yeah I'm 100% sure. I used to use it with some stocks until they screwed me around on the rebates.

I don't use CHX as I can't post on it... I can only route to it. But I'm pretty sure that CHX prints as M on T&S's.

As far as I'm aware (I may be wrong) D prints can be from any of the exchanges... you have to watch the level2 to figure out which ECN the D prints are filling. If they are not filling a particular ECN then it is from the dark pools.
    For example: NSX can print D on T&S's because someone is using a dark route and getting filled on the NSX exchange.

9. kipster

kipster

so which is the confirmed for sure list?

10. joe_blo

joe_blo

A - NYSE Amex
    B - NASDAQ OMX BX
    C - National Stock Exchange
    D - FINRA ADF (Dark pools and internalized trades tend to print here)
    E - Market Independent (Generated by SIP)
    I - International Securities Exchange
    J - EDGA Exchange, Inc
    K - EDGX Exchange, Inc
    M - Chicago Stock Exchange
    N - NYSE Euronext
    P - NYSE Arca Exchange
    Q - NASDAQ OMX
    W - Chicago Board Options Exchange
    X - NASDAQ OMX PHLX
    Y - BATS Y-Exchange, Inc
    Z - BATS Exchange Inc

#10     Mar 30, 2011