Earnings Next Week - The Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'Options' started by OptionGuru, Jul 20, 2016.

1. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Earnings Next Week - The Four Horsemen

• AAPL Tuesday July 26, after the bell.
    • FB Wednesday July 27, after the bell.
    • AMZN Thursday Jul 28, after the bell.
    • GOOGL Thursday Jul 28, after the bell.

How about some weekly OTM calls?

Earnings is always exciting times for option traders. Anybody want to share some earnings related option trading ideas?

:)

2. marsman

marsman

I'm interessted, but unfortunately can't make any contribution myself at this moment as it is a new field for me...

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Option related trading ideas:

I say get on the sideline and let the market run into next week. The 4 horsemen, are gonna score big. (AAPL.... ahhhhh maybe, maybe not). But imo, the safest place to be right now is on the bench. I don't trust this market, we've seen some good earnings but as an aggregate, its overvalued. One piece of bad news and .... bam

That being said, don't fight the trend. I hope it goes much higher, and I'll miss the run, but I'll be keeping my powder dry for the big short. Its like a rubber band.

IMO The market is just going to churn through next week with an upside bias. Very difficult for option traders to make money, at least the way I trade. Others may have different opinions. I abhor these time-frames and all the media BS that goes with em. I'm sure CNBC will have a little countdown clock in the lower right corner for the big GOOG and Amazon release. Gotta build that hype.

These markets are being fueled by funny money from here and abroad, not fundamentals. Millennials with college degrees are lucky to get $15/hr jobs unless they are tech geeks. High school degree.... forget about it. Curl up and die. Smoke crack. Have kids. Hillary cares, she'll fix it all and make it better for you. Right. And I don't think Trump has a chance. Read: more uncertainty, more divisiveness, more funny money.

I guess if you have to make a trade..... buy calls on the SPY. Join the ponzi party,.... there are good stocks out there....but I'd sit by an exit door.....cause where there's smoke.....there's the Fed.

"Are we're rollin downhill like a snowball headed for hell...(?)
    With no kinda chance for the flag or the liberty bell?".

Gotta love him. But that was 1982 and we've done OK. So who knows. And it was a question. Perhaps Merle was just early. Sure looks like it. G/L

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  4. "Are we're rollin downhill like a snowball headed for hell...(?)
    With no kinda chance for the flag or the liberty bell?".

I don't think Merle Haggard is a good predictor of the future. Isn't he dead?

The future is what you make it... so get busy.

5. Zestilio

Zestilio

Next week will be like "Choo choo motherf***!" I'm really considering to sell everything and take a week off. Feel like markets are going to be quite wrecked by thos Earnings...

6. There's always money to be made -- never take time off
    [​IMG]
    :rolleyes::)

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Of course he's dead. If he wasn't dead he'd be playing in Cleveland this week.
    Songwriters aren't predictors of the future....

panpsychics are though.

8. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

AAPL Trade Opened

• AAPL at $99.87
    • 52-week high $127.09
    • Earnings Tuesday July 26, after the bell.
    • Bought 1 102.00 July 29 call at $1.15.
    • Expecting a pre-earnings rally.
    • I will reevaluate the trade on July 26 if it's profitable. And most likely hold through earnings.
    • If the trade is not profitable on July 26 I will hold it through earnings.

Email order fill confirmation:
    • Order B347011 Outstanding Quantity: 0
    • 2016-07-20 14:57:28 ET BOUGHT 1 CALL AAPL 2016JUL29 102.00:US at $1.15 USD

9. TradeCat

TradeCat

I don't like the crowded playing field of these equities. Leaves very little room for progression on price.
    The premiums are a little pricey as well.
    Next.

10. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

IMO ..... The premiums are cheap for the AAPL July 29, 2016 102.00 calls. 2% OTM for only $1.15 going into earnings and 7 days to expiry.

EDIT ...... The July 29 100.00 ATM straddle is $4.14. The MM's expect AAPL to be about $104.00 or $96.00 when the market closes on July 29.

Click for more info on ATM Straddles.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    #10     Jul 20, 2016