Eagle Market Makers?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by r-in, Feb 28, 2006.

1. r-in

r-in

Any one here with them or have any info on them?
    eaglemarketmakers.com thanks..and no I'm not promoting, I'm asking as I am looking at them.

2. I am not sure what you are looking at them for, clearing or joining them? They are an old CBOT self-clearing market making firm, doing mostly agri type of stuff. I think they have since then expanded into the screen ag businesses.

3. r-in

r-in

They look like they are getting into retail and are offering what appears to be very good rates. I'm wondering if they are reputable, has any one traded with them that could relay whether their experience was good bad or? I can call, and ask them, but I'm sure in their eyes they are the best out there. Thanks for info on self clearing, thought that was the case, but wasn't sure.

4. They have a very good reputation. I know some of their sr people fairly well (but I have left the Chicago scene for over a year now), they also have a fairly active business in NY trading cotton and I think coffee. It is a well run organization, but old school (relationship building, good service), so don't expect a lot of cutting edge technology, etc.

5. r-in

r-in

Good service would be fantastic with the rate levels shown. It looks like they are going with TT for their electronic platform so the tech end maybe somewhat covered. Thank you.

6. pjbreen

pjbreen

I cleared through them for a while in 97-99 and had no complaints, but have not had any experience w/ them since then. Was all pit ag contracts, so can't comment on screen / electronic clearing.

7. pfranz

pfranz

A lot of time has passed, but I'd still like to know something about this firm.
    In the FCM data file I read that they have a good excess capital, but only a 1 million $ in customers assets?

8. 1) Have you met "Uncle Ronnie" face-to-face? Does he still wear suspenders, bow tie and spectacles? He truly is a fair, honorable, equitable and reasonable man. :D
    2) I pit-traded through Eagle many eons ago during my "Caveman" days. :)
    3) Eagle can have potential for you as a trading firm as long as you are well-experienced and do not require any type of "hand holding". :eek:
    4) Be sure to compare them to Advantage, Crossland and other high-volume, professional-oriented firms in Chicago. :cool:

9. pfranz

pfranz

Thanks nazzdack (why not "nazzduck"? It's nicer in my opinion).
    So you say they are good people.I was a bit afraid of exchange notifications they received,and arbitration cases (see NFA BASIC search). Any thoughts about that?

10. 1) "Those" mostly appear to be record keeping infractions. I would tell you to ignore them. :cool:
    2) You aren't going to find a mega-perfect, pure, pristine, immaculate, sterilized, antiseptic, virgin firm anywhere. :) :(

#10     Oct 22, 2012