E-TRADE or CHANGE BROKERS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 5POINT18, Dec 8, 2005.

1. 5POINT18

5POINT18

IM CURRENTLY TRADING WITH HARRISDIRECT. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHER HARRISDIRECT TRADERS. ARE YOU STAYING WITH E-TRADE OR GOING ELSEWHERE AND WHY??

2. Hello:

I used Etrade years ago, and as I mentioned in another thread, they sucked so much, that you could hear the sucking sound all across the North American Continent. In fact I think that gravity was invented by Etrade, using their ability to suck every molecule in existence into their orbit. I hope you will get the message that Etrade sucks more than gravity itself.

Thank you, and once again Merry Christmas Etrade

Steve

3. ellokn

ellokn

Harrisdirect was an excellent broker if you were a self directed trader that wanted to have someone who knew what was going to answer the phone when something was up.

The service was the best. In fact, once when asking a question about the trading platform, the account service rep got the software developers on the phone to answer my questions right away. That was more that I would have ever expected.

When I called ( and it was only about two or three times in a 12 month period) they knew me --- or at least were good at giving the impression that they did. The phone was almost always answered right away.

I thought the initial troubles with the account transfers to e-trade were just early problems, soon to be worked out. I'd give it time.

Seems not and that it is business as usual for e-trade. Their chance is over. I'll be moving on.

I miss Harrisdirect.

4. Surdo

Surdo

Avoid e*Terd at all costs.

5. I agree, Im already having similar issues with my account and BrownCo. The question is what are the options? Security, plus service, plus reasonable fees. Anyone using Fidelity Brokerage?

6. ellokn

ellokn

I am SERIOUSLY looking at Fidelity.

7. Nothing quite like waiting on hold for 25 minutes in order to prove that "they" ran your stops just to grab your shares. Another 25 minutes on hold waiting for them to have it busted. 4 times in one week = AMF e-terd. On the other hand I've been long ET for 4 points as there seems to be an endless supply of suckers for them.

8. You were able to prove such a thing and get a bust? Details please.

9. Easy ... time and sales showed no action within .03 of my stops all 4 times. 1 time it was .06 away! They gave me the ol' "we have to check L3 and bloomberg BS" first and as they read it back to me they said ... "Hmmm that's strange". What a bunch of turds. L2 and T&S screenshots and told them bust or I file the SEC complaint. I also record all calls to any broker I do business with ... inform them first of course.

#10     Feb 1, 2006