Dyson Car

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Oct 11, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Dyson Car

Dyson, maker of hand dryers and vacuum cleaners, is not going to be a maker of electric cars. The company has abandoned its electric car program, because—in the words of founder James Dyson—"we simply can no longer see a way to make it commercially viable." A buyer for the division could not be found. Fortune

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

So is it fair to say that the vacuum technology inventor thinks the car business "sucks"? :D

jys78, d08, beginner66 and 3 others like this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

And I'm sure if they get $600 for a vaccum and $400 for a simple hair dryer their cars would cost probably $378,000 so good thing they aren't building cars .. too much hype around dyson products that I believe any regular product for 2/3 less can do the same exact thing. Never bought a dyson product and never will.

GregorySG9 and Turveyd like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bought a few vacuums from them, none lasted long, block too easily, too hard to unblock, there fan is stupid just looks cool but really simple and £400 area and after sacking all there UK staff and moving to india 10 years back, well defo go screw them.

Vacuum cleaner to a car is a big step.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhhh... That depends. They are the absolute best for dog hair. Nothing else even comes close. Don't get me wrong, any vacuum will work, but if you like a perfectly clean house and you have a mutt that sheds.... Dyson all the way. It won't leave behind a trace of pet hair.

Baron likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Good lord. @Baron wins his first ET award.

Worst-pun-ever-on-the-forum-in-a-year award, issued every 20 years.

The Brits are sucking us dry by charging US an arm-and-a-leg hair for their products.

I think I just nullified @Baron's award. So now it is mine. I'm a winner, I can feel it. (Sorry Baron)

d08 likes this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Worst or best? :D

8. Overnight

Overnight

Wot, er, I don't know tha...AIIIIEEEEaaaaaa...

9. easymon1

easymon1

10. easymon1

easymon1

#10     Oct 11, 2019