Dutch Central Bank Admits 'The Rich Get Richer When We Print Money'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, May 5, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. dozu888

dozu888

This has been going on for years, and with accelerating pace. The 'trickle down' thing hasn't work too well... reason being that technology and globalization has accelerated the concentration of wealth to the very top of the pyramid, and the wider base at the bottom has seen very little wage growth.

You can't beat them you have to join them.... have to own assets and let the rising tide lift you up.

3. %%Most likely more than 1-6%;
    unless one majors on bonds+ never stocks LOL...………………………………………………………………...

4. But guys MMT is going to fix it not make it worse! My name is Ray Dalio and I approve this message

trader99 and murray t turtle like this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The referenced study is of monetary policy on income distribution. Wealth distribution is more uneven than income distribution. The study is on pretax income and therefore is insensitive to the effect of fiscal policy, .i.e., taxation. Although monetary policy and fiscal policies both affect income and wealth distribution in the long run, there can be no question that the dramatic compression of upper marginal income tax rates during the Reagan administration, and maintenance of relatively compressed upper rates since, has had a large effect, via compounding, on accelerating wealth distribution inequality in the U.S. when compared to other developed countries. Stagnant wages among the lower middle class has helped perpetuate the problem by starving the lower middle class of income yielding assets.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. Is this opinion or fact? How do you know that there "can there be no question"?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  7. zdreg

zdreg

many a time it is associated with people with tin ears.