Dumb Questions From a Noob

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KGTrader4, May 21, 2022.

1. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

On the one hand this is a thread seeking value, offering none. So I apologize in advance. On the other hand, it might help other noobs here, not just me. And to repeat, I’m new to trading , not to investing.
    I just need a place where I can ask what might be elementary questions without starting a gazillion new threads. So….

2. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Can someone explain to me in plain English what the difference is between RSI and RS? I’ve always looked at RS, from what I’ve gleaned reading IBD. But I don’t recall IBD ever mentioning RSI. And yet I see traders (one that I subscribe to his service) use RSI all the time.

3. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

In the thread about a book on Profitable Trading Strategies, there is a reference to NQ. What is that?

4. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

What is “discretionary trading”? Before I retired, as a financial advisor, it meant to me, I had discretion and managed accounts without the ok from the client in each trade.

but I’m guessing it means something different here. Is it trading in gut feel, as opposed to rules based trading? That’s my guess, but I’d be surprised if that’s actually a thing among professional traders.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

This seems like a good resource.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

TheDawn likes this.
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Still means the same. Someone is making trading decisions and it is not the owner of the account.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

doesn’t make sense. For example, in this context….

upload_2022-5-21_9-58-9.jpeg

9. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Robert on your other responses, thanks very much, got it

10. deaddog

deaddog

It also means trading by feel as opposed to rules based.

@KGTrader4 Google is a great resource.

#10     May 21, 2022
    smallfil likes this.