dubai glich.. up 250 or down 250 on the open?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by risky63, Nov 26, 2009.

1. The dollar will become a safe haven again driving gold and the stock indexes down. Could take a couple months but the arabs put another knife in the financial markets' back and she's losing blood at an accelerated rate. When short to mid-term interest rates start rising again, against the will of Bernanke, then the real blood bath should begin and they will ultimately nationalize the US banking system to restore confidence.

#41     Nov 28, 2009
  2. ccwells

ccwells

What do you think about the timing of the release of the Dubai news? It was no consequence the news release was on a day that the U.S. market was closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday with Friday being a shortened day and many traders were off for the Holiday. Could they have picked a better day to announce the news? The volume Friday was a good indication of the lack of participation.

The question is whether the news will turn the market or not. The fact is that the problem debt did not just appear. It has been there all along and it may be the warning shot across the bow to signal that not everything is all right with the economies around the world. Time will tell!

It is amazing how the media and the U.S. government say the economy has recovered from the recession when the government debt is worse, state and city governments are worse, and personal public debt is no better. All of this takes place while employment is worsening. What is even more amazing is how the traders believe and buy into what the media and government is promoting, which is evidenced by the rise in the market indexes.

I believe everybody agrees that the next couple of days could be interesting. All traders will be back to work Monday and have had a weekend to survey the information and/or damage.

#42     Nov 28, 2009
  3. Hi ccwells,

I think the timing couldn't have been worst.

Especially when:

"The Dubai World announcement was made on the eve of the Eid al-Adha Muslim festival, which will see many government agencies and companies close in Dubai until 6 December."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8380105.stm

#43     Nov 28, 2009
  4. This had little to do with US Thanks Giving holidays, but with an Arabic holiday honored in Dubai:

http://www.nasdaqdubai.com/marketinfo/marketnews_detail.html?id=fde085da-307e-4df4-abb5-92268dcac767

DUBAI CLOSED 26 – 29 November / 02 – 03 December and 17 December 2009

#44     Nov 28, 2009
  5. ccwells

ccwells

That is exactly what I am talking about. They knew exactly when to announce the news. Could you imagine the carnage in the world markets if they had not announced during all the festivals and holidays around the world?

#45     Nov 28, 2009
  6. I pulled out of my long swings and jumped into EEV, FXP, SKF, TWM, and SRS.

Come on catastrophe!!!

#46     Nov 28, 2009
  7. KMAX

KMAX

Golds overbought, the dollars oversold and stocks could use a correction. I went short at Fridays close thinking the Dubai thing will be the start of a short term reversal of the above.

#47     Nov 28, 2009