Dr. Hugh Ross....Bible predicts today's science.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by jem, Apr 17, 2016.

1. jem

jem

I found this fascinating. I was amazed when he explained that as the bible said our atmosphere was once opague until we got hit by a planet... lost 99 percent of our water and atmosphere and then got a moon which kept our planet's rotation axis useful for life.

about 26.6 minutes in.

2. Stu has been saying that all along.

. :rolleyes: .

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. stu

stu

pfft yeah that's nothin'. I've been saying far more impressive is the way Goldilocks predicts "our" habitable zone long before "our" science ever knew about it.

creationists lol

4. jem

jem

you are still pushing the 1950s random chance created it all idea.
    talk about believing in fairy tales.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  5. stu

stu

You're pushing a 4,000 year old fairy tale idea.
    There is no "1950s random chance". You keep saying there is, but then that's just pushing a creationist's fairy tale idea.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    d08 and Ricter like this.
  6. jem

jem

you throw up that strawman almost everytime I bring up science.
    Your strawman shit is a pissant way to discuss science.
    I am not pushing the bible or Jesus in these science threads.
    I am pushing what the top scientists in the world have found.

a. Our Universe appears extremely fine tuned. some of the constants being tuned to 120 decimal places.

b. The building blocks of life seemed to have been programmed with a drive to life.

You keep arguing that random chance is responsible for the above. That is 1950s random chance thinking... .Unless you are arguing that we have almost infinite alternative universes.

In which case you are injecting faith into the discussion.

7. Did you receive the May issue of Prayboy yet? I heard it has some cool sciencey parts.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  8. jem

jem

oh look the content free douche leftist atheist from canada just posted another content free, douchey post.

what is that 200 in row when addressing something I posted, or was there one that had some content?

9. stu

stu

:D

d08 and Frederick Foresight like this.
  10. jem

jem

Ok... got me on this one. This video was about the science confirming the bible. I was thinking about all the other threads in which were about the universe being tuned yet you brought up Jesus or the Bible. I should have said "those other" threads.

#10     Apr 19, 2016