Dr. Brett

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JamesVU2000, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Has returned to the blogosphere from his stint with a HF. I remember his posts back to 08. Any opinions on his work now?

2. cornix

cornix

Looks like he's actively writing for wide public again.

3. I am sure he has some interesting insights.

4. look at the color scheme on that blog and the horrible hostage photo. I wouldn't trust anyone who would pick a creepy green on green format.

5. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I always enjoyed reading his blog. Having worked full-time in the hedge fund (?) industry now, I'm sure he has some new insights to share.

6. cornix

cornix

Very interesting, what was his actual job @ hedge fund...

7. I would guess helping traders with performance issues related to psychology. lol

8. cornix

cornix

Ha... that is most likely true. But I mean, would be great to know what are typical issues of psychological nature among institutional traders (provided their activity is somewhat different from retail trader level).

9. You are dealing with hyper competitive individuals in an institutional setting. These guys are wound tight and are winners --- generally very different from retail. Think basketball coach meets boxing trainer.

PS-- I may be seeing Dr. Brett on Saturday. I'll pass along your professional greetings.

10. cornix

cornix

Yes, difference in character between institutional and retail traders is a very interesting matter by itself. Thanks.

#10     Apr 17, 2014