Dow 18000 under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Show me the links where I said the world was ending. I'll try to click every 20 seconds this time, but I know you'll have nothing (as usual).

#61     Jan 21, 2016
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It seems the Bush (R) years were even more optimistic...

Dow 30,000

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    #62     Jan 21, 2016
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#63     Jan 21, 2016
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Lest we get distracted, the DJ did in fact go on to reach 18000 in the years, under Obama, following the prediction which started this thread.

Anyone here believe the DJ will never again reach 18000? (I'll grant the DJ may no longer be the most representative market selection, and invite you to suggest another.)

#64     Jan 21, 2016
  5. These arguments are moronic...We've had three successive administrations that have presided over equity bubbles...Each one of them were followed by significant corrections...The left loves to claim ownership of the upside and ignore the downside and the right loves to do the same...

#65     Jan 21, 2016
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It did go on to reach 18,000, and then promptly reversed and dropped two and a half thousand points, where it is languishing right now. It may still rally from here a bit further (I hope it does, actually) but the overall bias is now down.

I note you couldn't find where I said the end of the world was coming, and that's not surprising, because I never said it. My criticism has always been about unsustainable financial policy that exacerbates inequality, causes boom/bust cycles where vast amounts of wealth is redistributed from poor and middle class to rich, and the obsessive fascination with bubble economics whereby values must continue to be "inflated" artificially because of the false belief that this represents economic gain.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the effects of policy driven by this administration, the previous one, the Fed and big banks (who own both aforementioned parties), and gain the knowledge that "this won't end well". Does this mean the end of the world? Of course not. But that doesn't mean we can't do this more responsibly.

Folks like you, Ricter, are part of the problem because you sit blindly by and say "it's always been like this" as if that is the excuse to continue the stupidity. Instead of acknowledging your party is also part of the problem, you defend to the last, ever insistent that everything is fine - taking away the very real fact that lessons can, and should be learned from these mistakes. But never are.

#66     Jan 21, 2016
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I disagree with the part about me sitting blindly, but do note that this argument is often used by the AGW deniers.

#67     Jan 21, 2016
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can disagree all you'd like. Show me one single post where you've been critical to the Fed. Or Obama's economic policies. One, Ricter. Surely you can find one out of the 22,000 posts you've made, right?

#68     Jan 21, 2016
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#69     Jan 22, 2016