Dow 18000 under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I guess you don't know what I mean. I can't say I'm surprised.

I'll try to explain like I would to my little boy.

See, Ricter, the comparison of the economy and the Titanic is only relevant from the sinking ship analogy. You can't equate it 100% across the board. For example, I have no choice but to "be a part of the economy", but I could have opted to not board the Titanic. See the difference there?

Additionally, even if you were paying attention when the Titanic hit the iceberg, it was unlikely you could have gotten off the ship - as there were a very few ways to escape (lifeboat availability, etc). With the economy, there are many, many more ways to protect yourself.

Hopefully that's clear now. We'll bring coloring books tomorrow.

#51     Jan 21, 2016
  2. fhl

fhl

Bruce Kovner, billionaire commodities trader and founder of Caxton Associates, said in an interview somewhere that the majority of the money he made was by investing against the stupid decisions that gov'ts make.

#52     Jan 21, 2016
  3. Ricter

Ricter

No shit, dummy.

#53     Jan 21, 2016
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Precisely.

Lots of folks have made money on the stupidity of the government and Fed. The tragedy is the vast millions of people who lose quality of life, retirement, etc. because of these asinine policies. That's what Ricter doesn't understand. But again, he'll defend the policies to the end, as his head sinks below water.

#54     Jan 21, 2016
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm not the one who has a hard time understanding the conversation. I get it, you're looking for a graceful way out to this conversation. Unfortunately you've (again) dug too deep a hole to be able to back out without a nick or two.

#55     Jan 21, 2016
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yes, you are, and too dumb to realize it. A paradox.

#56     Jan 21, 2016
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Which part am I too dumb to realize? Please explain it.

#57     Jan 21, 2016
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

..and there's the expected silence.

[​IMG]

#58     Jan 21, 2016
  9. Ricter

Ricter

You're too dumb, or indoctrinated by zerohedgers, to realize we've seen this rodeo before. The world is not ending today, nor in your lifetime. Good times, bad times, but no end. Entire generations have come and gone, raised children and grandchildren, since the creation of the Fed. And real incomes have been rising, with peaks and troughs of course, the whole time.

You're prone to a loser mentality, looking for the dark cloud in every silver lining.

#59     Jan 21, 2016
  10. Ricter

Ricter

What do you do, click 'reload' every 10 seconds?

#60     Jan 21, 2016