Dow 13,875 Naz 2690 S&P 1560

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 8, 2007.

1. duard

duard

So far on cue..

Low around bond market open then rally from there.

I don't think panic selling will hit today or Friday. Let's see what the news brings for the weekend and how much intervention ensues.

#31     Mar 14, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

PPI and CPI are very important. Anything to high and another market sell off.

#32     Mar 14, 2007
  3. blast19

blast19

The worry runs deep. This mortgage crissi affects the whole freaking economy...it will take some government intervention to add any sense of stability at this point.

There are too many unknowns in my opinion about the state of the RE market...there's a lot of overbuilding, inflated pricing, lack of buyers, stagnant markets. This was a bubble that is now really showing how big it can pop IMHO.

#33     Mar 14, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I have mentioned this to everyone, and all they do is laugh. They tend to pay no attention to what is happening in the over all economy. I have friends looking to buy a house right now, I told them to hold off, its going to get alot worse before it gets better. The talking heads who said the housing market would start to see a bottom are lying. This is going to take more than 8-12 months to fix. This is a major problem. Housing prices should fall another 10% by the end of 2007 and homebuilders another 20%, there already down about 5% from where I predicted they would be down, which was 25% on the year.

#34     Mar 14, 2007
  5. duard

duard

Bounce off the bond open....

So far the actors are behaving according to script....

#35     Mar 14, 2007
  6. Um thats when its time to buy

Your just listing a bunch of random problems yet none of them are particularly big. It isn't a mortgage crisis. It was just two companies affected and it only regards subprime loans.

#36     Mar 14, 2007
  7. duard

duard

Rentals..

If you can find distressed property that would be at least neutral if not positive cash flow then a real estate crisis is a good entry point. But I'm with you I think 2008 2009 will be lower and the flatten. Real estate moves are longer and more pronounced as the trends take time to unfold.

#37     Mar 14, 2007
  8. duard

duard

Not bad for "the day before" analysis.

It unfolded a little differently than expected. The volatility was even greater in BOTH directions than expected. There was a lot of money sloshing around today in the markets. Higher into op-ex than back down. But with this much Vol a bottom may be in for awhile......

#38     Mar 14, 2007
  9. duard

duard

Quote from duard:

I don't think the bottom is in yet. Seems like we sell-off tommorrow morning and then rally. Rattle around until after options expiration then boom another leg-down.

The volatility is very nice......

I was gone for the day but the prophecy is holding. Flattish Op-Ex, then next week another leg down. The question is will 1365 hold in the S & P 500?

#39     Mar 15, 2007
  10. Well, Asia is certainly doing what you called.

#40     Mar 15, 2007