Home > General Topics > Journals > Don't Loook NOW!! Everything they said Don't Do. 1000 to 5000

Don't Loook NOW!! Everything they said Don't Do. 1000 to 5000

1. Hey All,
    some know me as
    wdbaker
    aka xclr8tr

"Name not atticus" is just my reference to the most intelligent and gifted trader I know and he will laugh or cry when he sees this or knowing him might not give a rats azz ha ha ;)

Edit: I also did not finish high school or any school of higher learning other than the school of hard knocks....

I have gone out of my way to study on my own though, crap no one should read like white papers, research, mostly in the field of derivatives.

I live in the US and with this small acct Forex is all I get for the moment... maybe Frank Dodd will become Larry Mo and Curly and leave traders alone but It's doubtful. They did lift some restrictions for forex though I think on calendar spreads which I don't have access to either...

It's just me, my broker O, 50 to 1, mt4, a couple dirty snowballs and some wicked trading....

It is my intention to trade in anyway possible to reach my goal of 1000 to 5000 in just mos.... that means less than 3 mos...

You will see me break every rule, do everything wrong and either win or blow my last 1000...

Too bad ET was down this morning, I'm up more than $300 as we speak on my meager acct...

had to pause a moment, trading eur/usd to see if it was going to break through that channel cluster bomb and go south.

realigned to take advantage either way so I don't have to be panicked about it.

I trade both naked, mechanically, technically, derivatively but not fundamentally less you go fundamentally crazy...

I use two dirty snowballs mechanically, my own creation but noticed they have a derivative of the same name, mine so dirty it smells and is a little yellow ha ha....

going to mess with your heads in this thread to keep me busy so don't get all up in arms.... If you hate me start a hate me thread right next to me, won't that be fun ;)

Pics coming once I figure out where everything is, just woke up.

surprised my acct isn't gone being it ran while I slept, passed out from exhaustion.

Well have fun with this, may be the last time you get too.... lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr:cool:

2. EMG where are you???

another clown has reared their little head....

3. lets get down to business, I don't got no time to play around what is this, must be a circus in town let's shut that shite down, just some clowns, can I get a witness... heck yeah

First knuckle head out of the bushes, you are the proud winner...
    HurricaneUS...

p.s. you'll probably need an EMT and an EMG after this....

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

4. could be the beginning of a nice drop or another congested bounce....

I guess I didn't say anything there other than that is where I'm parked and will be eating a few sl until I figure out what she is going to do...

I'm not going to post pics all the time cause it's a pain in the azz but I will at least post a few here and there...

The first ones will be more for reference of my demise and what not to do lol ;)

I'll have to look, maybe I can park the pics here, that would make it easier, will check it out...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

5. lol subbed!

6. I'm hungry,

hate to leave stuff unattended in case on of the computers do a melt down, only 5 mins though

And no not a stoploss insight, unless you want to call buystops and sellstops a stoploss, I have a few of them to try and catch the move

but if I miss and spill milkshake on me and takes me forever to get back, I could be screwed or rich ha ha....

xclr8tr
    wdbaker

7. I'd rather read a few pages of a journal with failing trades than one of EMG's copypasta posts.

8. atticus,
    Nice to hear from you, hang around the fun is just getting started I hope....

For those of you reading, having good role models is more important than your college degree will ever be...

uhhhh hope nobody thinks that I'm emulating you lol that would be impossible... but I have learned so much from you that I consider you a role model...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

9. wow,

long time O customer, never noticed them jump around so much... are they making markets now or something changed.

Maybe orderflow went somewhere safe away from the US or possibly they decided to work there own orders other than what they can handle...

looks so fast like there computer got a kangaroo stuck in it....

remember those mexican jumping beans lol ;)

may have to update programs to account for this different type of vol

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

11. Just shut off the frick'n
    Just updated "disable experts when acct changes
    and disable experts when profile changed

nothing like making a live code change and then look over
    to see you've been sitting there for 5 minutes doing not a damn thing, makes you want to cry--- NOT! ! !

pissed, my fault

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

12. Thanks Jack for "THE TRUTH", did you here that you crack heads, real deal....

13. This is more complicated then I thought, I used to do these on the fly through one of image places and then post a link and all was good...

Here is the problem, I tried first to go one better and get you my statement which is only a mile long just for today so screw that as they don't have any easy way I'm aware of to extract it to a csv and even if I did it myself and pasted into excel it was literally more pages than I could bear to deal with, every 30 cent stop etc... was in there....

I used to post a screen shot and when just trading normal that was fine, I would just blank out the very top with my acct # etc....

Now that I have all these computers and "ea's" involved and they all draw from mt4 to O, I don't want you to have that info as it is classified and you know what happens to people who witness classified information that shouldn't..... It's not pretty... we have to call the cleaners....

so unless you understand O and mt4 and can think of something you need to see so you can move on with you life and read this thread then I'm not going to thiink about it anymore....

I have some coding that I wanted to get done and need a nap so with out further todo....

I'll probably still post when I think of something...

No one yet ask me about the rules, thats good, only one and that is win... no other rules ;)

p.s. I'll still try to find something condensed to post.

At this moment during drawdown which is expected and accounted for through the math.... I show for today
    1 screeen Equity 603.83 annual ROI 315%

2 screen equity 562.11 and on the rise annual ROI 188%

this is for 2013-02-25- at 19:49

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

14. Nice going :cool:

15. somebody musta given the eur some decongestant lol

1.3000 an awfully big psych plus lots of naughty derivatives probably live there along with some of your stops ;)

it's git'n, it' git'n, it's git'n kinda hectic ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8trwd

16. heikin-Ashi

that's a spinner if I ever saw one

ouch

I was watching the 20:35 eur/usd

17. man that ain't ugly that's fugly...

lets get a move on Eur

it's almost time for the 21:06 azz kick'n contest

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

18. I must get 100 + of these an hour, are they saying that the stops are getting old, can't get around well and need help to the restroom...

Or maybe they are saying I'm a crappy mql programmer if you can eve call me that... and that I need to fix something....

Or maybe they think that just once he will open an email and send a response, just once.... NOT ;)

but if you happen to know, clue me in. if its fifo or f&d related, I don't much care ha ha...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

Maybe they want to sponsor me lol...

19. I thought the contest was at 21:06 but i'm a bit rusty...

maybe at 22:06

quick running to the mcd for smoothie and double cheese burger
    no onion pickle or fries with dat

back in a min

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

20. let's get this party started already...

I guess I need a refresher on times and vol

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

21. throw me so hard into the wall of margin that I scream out in joy at the presents you bring...

Not drinking, you don't even want to get me started...

got me a pineapple mango smoothie mmmmmm.....

what is with these guys anyways, bunch of people standing around computer terminal all "Stuck On Stupid"...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

22. ok,
    London doesn't start til 00:00 west coast, I was thinking East coast time, now who's stuck on stupid lol ;)

So if I have to trade 24 7 to hit my goal, what are the most volatile and the time frames and differences between them and eur/usd.

Its not that i too lazy to look it up, it right in front of me, but group participation is good and experience even better.

If you have done anything like I'm doing how would you do it different knowing that the rules don't apply, that the models are just that models and worst of all built on sand.

If you start flapping about what I should do to be a good trader you might as well go stand in the corner and mumble to yourself...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

23. for a bit 1.3000 may hold though

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

24. squealing like a stuck hog

ha ha

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

25. if this bot can close itself, not sure we will get there though it looks like it's around 1.3010 or so

so much for that idea, maybe later but then the tp will have changed

closed them out myself on the start of a pullback and did a complete restart so they are fresh lol a fresh Dirty Snowball ha ha ... ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

26. Show us a chart with your entry/exit arrows just for kicks.

27. I fell asleep and my dirty snowballs stole back most of what I took the other day... I just can't leave them unattended yet...

will do some live trading soon... heading for mcd's again and to find my new home... a shopping cart and a sleeping bag lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

28. Nice, good luck.

Are you just trading EUR/USD?

29. It's the only currency I've ever traded so I'm kinda partial... I need to look into some of the other volatile ones like gbp etc... I like movement, i'm impatient so I have to try and work around that.

The snowballs really ticked me off but that was my own doing and have noone to blame but myself...

Even more irritating they made more money while I was sleeping and gave that back also... had I just woke up sooner, exhaustion and naps don't always mix...

Anyway good lesson for me with the bots, potential is there but they need volatility and they need to be baby sat or shut off... I got over confident and let them run... out of curiosity... at least I didn't lose more than I made, that would have been devastating...

anyone no how to post pics here, looks like the coding is setup and I think you can upload files, just not sure how to access them... this should be brain dead simple but then again I'm brain dead ... a little help so I don't get ocd on this thing...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

30. I hear ya. I don't trade GBP much. I trade commodity currencies (mostly aud and cad) and euro and yen.

I just realized what you mean with snowballs, so these are bots you are running? Mostly s/r and tech stuff I'm guessing?

to post a pic, while you're writing the post click at the bottom where it says "attach file" should do the trick.

31. long eur/usd for a 1000 averaged in 5 trades @ 1.3129 3/8/2013 about 3ish am

I was up doing some programming when I saw it launch, maybe we get lucky and break 1.3300 doubtful

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

32. Trade looks like crap so far

Hope you can see it...

[​IMG]

33. I spun her at the red line and rode it down for a profit, had it spun again it would've been spinning on its own as I would've sat out at that point...

not as much as I'd of liked but won't complain....

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

34. yeah,
    amazing how divorce will get you focused
    happens to the good and bad... sucks

OPM,
    yeah that's other peoples money...
    Not that I don't like Euro, just shorting hell out of it, every x pips it adds to my acct, shorting more... full vested in the slaughter...

xclr8tr
    wdbaker

35. Don't anybody get to serious about this short, Euro probably going for a ride soon, just thought I'd pick up a few extra pips on a bounce off the bottom...

I would be surprised if she blows through the 1.2955 and look to get long for a nice little ride up wherever it decides to bounce...

Got some Citron to keep me company for a bit, not bad, a bit more sweet than I expected...

like everything, it was on sale ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

36. office despot lol,

they had some big and tall chairs... of course they don't make the short and stocky kind lol...

anyways, nice and super comfortable, high back... if you gotta spend time in front of the screen you might as well do it in comfort... just don't fall asleep ha ha....

somebody set the damn alarms ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

37. i'm out zilch on that or just about...

going to take a quick nap and look to get long for a nice ride hopefully...

hopefully cya at the top...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

38. had to get long this,

I knew I would hate myself when I woke up if i didn't so long she is and hopefully we set sail soon

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

39. eur/usd now 1.3001

That's weird, just realized if i don't put subject line in the body you don't see it... is it just me or is that messed up... maybe i'm doing something wrong lol... i'll start doing that just in case that really is how it is... ok back to the program

and just in case the previous post subject doesn't show up I'm all in Long at 1.2994

couldn't sleep, this is like waiting to watch a rocket ship take off...

besides I want to roll this up as it goes along, not to tight, leave a little room to breathe on this one...

The thought of being in one trade for so long....

It makes me happy and sad at the same time ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

40. euro will be at 1.15 in before the end of they year

41. Shaking the magic 8 ball,

i mean koolaid...

how high will it go before the year end at 1.15

not that i disagree where it should be, but that doesn't ever seem to give a clear path to where it's at now and where I make money now...

back to you koolaid...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

42. rocket ship liftoff

my initial trade all in long plus 5 small snowballs since, waiting to squarely pass the 1.3016ish area on an hourly and then roll from there...

yeah, about every 5 pips or so... starting to slow it down a bit, don't need the margin police bugging me lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

43. love it or hate it

The open of a new week, eur/usd... wt is it doing up down.... i'm thinking not sideways...

as the minutes tick off you wonder, do i drop it like it's hot cause i'm long at the moment or do ya hang in there...

maybe just need to get flat...

maybe just need to warm up some basil tomato soup with some oyster crackers.... lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

44. heikin-Ashi up on five

Gotta love that, hope it holds...

i used to love candles and still roll back to them but for trend spotting the heiken kick some but

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

45. just in case

if you get confused, don't feel bad....

I tend to jump from the 5min to 1hr to 4hr to the daily on an ongoing basis...

It just gives me a better sense of the trend...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

46. the open that never closes,

Welcome to the hotel California...

holy shite, test that and lets move on up for a rally, what a pain in the ass....

nothing i hate more than having to stand watch over euro gone wild...

hopefully she's bouncing now, where the hell is koolaid when i need em lol ;)

didn't even get this finished, had to spin her south... this is a bouncing betty...

hopefully settle down soon...

right now it's not about winning or losing... I don't mind getting flipped a few times...

maybe should have waited for the 2:00 am

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

47. long again 1.3005

at the rate things are going though this could change 10 times tonight...

The good thing though is that once stabilized... it should hang in there for a bit...

hotel california, check out but never leave...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

48. somebody get me a catheter please...

looks like it's heading back up, going to make a quick run...

be back soon, may not be able to communicate through broken monitor... lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr

49. onward and upward ? ??

I finally figured out what was aggravating me about movement in the eur/usd...

new monitor...

check settings... note to self....

everything is bigger so my watching the screen was making me crazy, once I fixed it...

much better now... to much movement when on double or triple screen size...

later

looks like we are up for the moment so hopefully good sign... will watch others to gather intel as needed...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee ;)

50. rolling up as we go here

looking good so far, don't want to jinx myself ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

51. if you need it

[​IMG]

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

52. man,

I feel like i just made a round trip to the wrong building space...

this is f/d up...

is there a derivative, barrier etc... holding things up...

Did I miss something please...

Still holding but dang it this is stupid....

Or maybe just me...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

53. I'm so happy,

i'm a happy guy now...

I had just added to my acct and piled on to this trade so it was still like my first and didn't want to see it go bad ;)

i'm very happy

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

54. and at 1.3067ish,
    rolling her up,

I've made more than most in a whole work week, happy is an understatement...

viva las v...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

55. intraday,

looking for 1.3150ish

will be quick too ditch if it looks otherwise

need sleep lol ;)

later

and f all you haters...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

56. rolled her again... you know it,

and if you are reading this and have no food... not cash... food to eat...

I can at least direct you if not personally help you... no money...

later
    wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

57. tinfoil,

yesssss for my hat lol...

no really, went to the store yesterday...

got pots pans etc...

not a piece of tinfoil...

If you have an oven and no nuclear device to warm your food....

Tinfoil... agghhh....

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

58. no tinfoil chips and cheese...,

it's an electric oven...

I'm about to go door to door looking for tinfoil...

how sad

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee
    no tinfoil having ;)

59. Margin Alert...,

I'm so sick of these... can i please opt out...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee
    yeah still looking for tinfoil

60. short eur avg 1.2932,

I closed out my long last night, not at to but fairly close...

Now short this with two smaller and one larger...

a little upset with my self cause I got distrtacted and should have been in sooner.

we'll see what she does... really thought it would bounce and move up...

I guess thats why we don't get set it our ways... technicals help and being to quick to flip it when wrong

good luck
    wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

61. long eur 1.2942

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

62. flat eur 1.2964

for the moment at least, can't complain ;)

22 pips i think

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

63. short eur/usd 1.2953

we'll see how she developes

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

64. had to bail,
    lost about 5 pips...

The place where I was staying sucked i.e. smell like new carpet mixed with 5 times bug chemical, made me sick to the point I couldn't keep food down...

Went back to other state to get license renewed and all went well

for some weird reason chase in las vegas had to send me a card, get to the other state and they actually printed me one on the spot... what a relief...

so now short eur at 100,000 units avg price 1.3020, took a pip hit going long and then flipped quick... nice to see it moving the right direction... down...

Let you know how it goes...

Oh... almost forgot... found a much nicer place owned by the hilton that rents on a weekly monthly rate... more expense but the difference is unbelievable...

Had to buy new clothes the others smell so bad, going to take the car for detailing and hopefully kill the smell there also...

ha ha jcp love me now long time lol...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

65. don't be fooled this is going down, question how far....

let me say as a techy, 1.2997 looks good, if she blows through that all the better and will be be pissed I didn't put all on her, not that all is that much more lol... def not soros... and certainly not my friend atticus... ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

66. my promise to all forecasters

i will try with all my might if you have an ounce of back up not to dis on you...

so feel free to jump in and take a stab if you got anything to run with cause i'm just a somewhat techy guy and don't know everything... ahhhhhhhh just hate to admit that lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

67. reason for not all in,

i got tired of the margin warnings so went a bit lower...

that way when I roll up or down I don't have to here about...

It wasn't because I was in trouble, it was because I was abusing my privilege I guessss....

Whatever, got tired of hearing about it and then having to check to make sure I hadn't broken the lawwwwww....

maybe we'll get lucky and O will let me know specifically and than I can relay or otherwise....

Don't get me wrong... I like the O... hate they had to dick with Obama shit... which I don't think was all wrong but I do think Frank Dodd over stepped their bounds...

I guess I should be lucky they didn't kill the whole thing... calendar spreads etc... ... might of put them under in the US... hoping now that they are back in it...

Maybe back in it to win it with some options..., any kind at this point but the box was the best if you ask me... a derivative that was exclusive and fixed by price by one entity and gave room at times for ++

Which we all need once in a while... especially when things get priced wrongly which Michael and all are aware of.... kinda takes the fun out of it....

sucks if you ask me
    and seriously how many would notice the mis-pricing on a box, probably one of the most complex derivatives know to anyone....

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

68. shorting additional 50,000 units cause i'm a dick,

avg 1.3025...

poker player in me is coming out...

we'll see where she goes

trust me, if i don't like what I see I'll pull the plug...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

69. eur cut off a couple places higher,

I leave that for you to tell me but it looks clear...

and as we move into the american session i can see nothing but decent... else they're a bunch of hypocrites lol ;)

I think this whole thing is turning me into a more patient swing trader... god forbid.... ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

70. you are probably going to see longer term trades,

If nothing more than the fact that my rent doubled...

I can't say as i'm more happier though as the Hilton suites are glorius...

let me just say that i can plug in and see my progress on TV's in both the bedroom and living room.... just like they were monitors... nice

Shouldn't I be getting paid for this... we'll see

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

71. Awww... hate it when that happens, at least at this point....

looks like this might be a red candle reversal to f/n nowhere lol ;)

can't wait to see how this turns out...

seriously going to work this with the Hilton suites, not what there called and see if I can get a deal...

anyways all enjoy as this eur/usd enjoys a congestive internvention if not worse ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

72. only the 15 para...now looks like shite,

this bad boy sinking like a rock...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

73. holding short at 1.3018,

this gunna be ugly,

can't wait

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

74. just jumped in on the short side. it looks pretty wild indeed..

75. too ugly

76. yeah,

getting ready for some bacon with my bacon with my waffles, so hungry.... or greasy, or frenchy....

They'll be calling me sooon...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

77. I was stopped out of at the cpi announcement. I want nothing to do with it at the moment.

Have fun.

78. Shorting the EUR/USD over the last month or so has been fun. I recovered all of my losses from 2012 and then made a little profit above and beyond.

I don't have a logical reason for saying this, yet, but I think the trend has changed. It may be time to cut your losses, and go long.

79. I agree with you. It started with AUD and CAD moving against the dollar. Then the GBP got in line. Now it's the EUR. Next thing we know they will all be taking turns lol.

The dollar index lost it's mojo.. for now at least.

80. she going down, hopefullly for hours...

see you at the bottom

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

81. She will need to go down a lot to confirm the continuation of the short trend, in the meantime, I did short at 1.30872. Stop set at 1.318

82. I'm gonna pop some tags...,

gotta 1000 plus euro's in my pocket...

will be paying my rent for a month in one day...

she'll run red for a while, almost hate to take a nap after that huge breakfast....

you get to make you own waffles whooo hooo ;)

see you on the flip side

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

83. Enjoy your nap.

Knocked out by trailing stop at 1.30721 earning me a whopping $45.30.

84. hrly sar change,

every psychic out there will be looking to get short for a bit is my guess...

10:00 now and i'm thinking she gonna bleed some more hopefully like the 8th or 13th would be nice

a little retest or maybe blow threw but if it does I'm thinking it will happen quick so drank some coffee to get ready for mayhem may come... wish it weren't friday...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

85. can somebody explain this...,

Why oh why has the eur/usd not fall'n into the deep for a short time of consolidation...

This is crazy...

I've made my money on this but I must admit it is a bit inexplicable...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabe

86. short eur/usd thru wknd,

Not a brilliant classic trader move but I think its going to pay off... looking for a reliable quote before 0 opens...

They used to open this early but not sure, guess I should be not lazy and check on it...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

87. EURUSD down ~125 pips from Friday's close.

88. 100,000 units short LOL ;)

Getting another sell order ready based on new projections but will be wary

Thanks Bro

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

89. another 100,000 1.2904

took a huge wack pip wise but if she runs will be worth it...

atticus be kicking my azz for that move lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

90. eur/usd where to after 1.2900???,

Good question huh...

definitely in swing trade here so will look to lighten up at some point...

I'm all in and I always hate seeing the margin light flicker although it's meaningless at this point or almost... It's definitely annoying

Guess I'm breaking the law, don't follow me lol ;)

I'll switch to pips instead of units soon as units probably don't mean anything to most of you... sorry about that... just got thinking about it and pips would be easier to gage for everyone...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

91. I would get flat here at 1.29-1291. Not to say it won't trade to 1.282, but you've added. Take the monies.

92. eur/usd major brokerages sending "don't panic notices"

I think all that's going to do is set off a panic run...

if it moves much more will look for a better time to dive in... maybe late tonight or morning...

I got my finger on the kill switch though... was really hoping to see her run down farther so I had more breathing room as it stayed under the 1.290 ...

candle definately didn't thrill me and the heikin inside the heikin is always a pain...

Thanks Bro for adding some perspective

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

93. eur/usd 5, 15 and 30 fat red,

hourly looking weak so will hopefully follow

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

94. If we can set aside our irritation with each other, Atticus:

I love these big moves down like this, which I obviously missed entirely since it opened this way and I was flat, because more often than not for the next several hours its just going to bounce up and down along the bottom. I've already pulled more than 130pips out of this bottom bouncing.

I'm playing with small numbers, by the way, just a mini lot (10,000).

95. I think what atticus is saying is that I doubled up on a position at the bottom and it could get stripped off at twice the speed i put it on... Not only that I'm all in with a large amount and could get devastated in a quick move if not careful

I've just been holding all in, not flipping or anything and I have to admit his decision making faculties are far above mine...

I'm just tempting fate and getting lucky...

So warning to all I guess...

I think what your doing is smart and if it's working and your not all in then a good bet...

Didn't know the two of you had issues lol ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

96. You're definately taking your chances, wdbaker. However, Europe isn't awake yet. Hard to know where this is headed. I'll be interested to see where this goes over the next 12 hours.

By the way, I have been doing a lot of the "doubling up/down" over the last few weeks, and it has paid off nicely. So, you may be doing the right thing.

97. eur/usd out here 1.2898,

As an ex poker player, you know when the adrenalin starts to rush that it's time to step out and get perspective...

hands are trembling lol ;)

going to grab something to eat and be back soon

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

98. This is not the way to trade correctly...

I agree and Europe will be there when I get back from eating a nice steak...

Doubling up/down is no way to trade with out a positive edge or one you've legged into... even then probably not smart...

with fx the leverage is huge and a wipe out for the regular guy can happen in seconds... that includes me...

I did point all this out when I started this thread...

so have fun, I know I will, but will go a bit lighter in to my next trades and roll up wins when reasonable so I'm not using my money but OPM if you will... still dangerous as hell no getting around it.

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

99. My guess is a trade down to 1.2872 overnight and a close of the NY session of 1.2918.

100. OPM? Good idea. I finally recovered all of my losses from 2012, pulled it out of the account, and now I am trading with pure profit. When I was doubling up/down, I was working with micro lots (1000) (u). I never owned more than a mini lot (10,000) at any given time. Usually went in with 2u to 3u at any given time so that a pip never cost me more than $1 when fully loaded. As I said, I am working with small numbers. I found it very effective to add 2u to 3u at a time, and then peeled each off as they became profitable. I'd then load back up again, over and over again until finally the first 2u to 3u, would suddenly go in my favour, and if it didn't, well, so what, the sum of the smaller wins was far greater than the one big loss.

By the way, I don't know what your margin requirement is, but I am limited to a minimum of 3% on my account. i.e a mini lot requires about a $390 deposit. So, the leverage isn't excessive when you consider that a pip costs me at most $1. My account wouldn't have been blown out if I had been fully loaded over the weekend. I would have only touched one third of the deposit requirement.

101. eur/usd long 1.2890 lol mistake,

pushed long instead of short when it passed the bottom

and it went back up lol ;) talk about luck...

closed her for a quick 8 pips, that paid for a few steaks lol...

will keep an eye on it atticus looking through your #'s now

May look at an IB acct soon, don't want to get ahead of myself...

That's a lot to relearn... will set up a demo

Thanks

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

102. For the way I trade that huge 1 hr just kinda unravels any normal trades I would do... lol It's like a big obstacle in the way that throws anything over a 30 min view into disarray... as I tend to work off the 1day, 4hr, 1hr, 30min, 15min and 5min altogether ha ha...

This is more like a fundamental/tech trade...

to SimpleTrades...

I will live or die by these trades I'm making so as much fun as i make it sound... this is my only income...

It definitely changes your outlook on things and is difficult when you don't have the correct bankroll to start with...

OPM is looked at differently by me at this point... if you can withdraw your initial sum like you're talking about and then trade that's great...

When I talk about OPM... maybe a better and more properly scary word would be pyramiding...

A hypothetical:
    Lets say i have a $100 acct... I short $100 and then every so many pips down I add or roll it into my 100 increasing the size as I go...

there are a million ways to do this but i warn You Strongly that Margin will be your undoing if done incorrectly because you will quickly see your equity moving up but you are running out of margin and it can happen in a flash...

you find yourself on the sideline cut by a third or half... it's like dying by a 1000 cuts...

This is not the way I do it as it is more controlled and mechanical (I have many written programs along with much experience that I use along with good mentors) in nature because you can blink when things go wrong and they will trust me... and it's game over...

In some ways this is bit like gridding if you do it wrong...

Stick with your way I think it much safer... until you have developed your own theories...

Maybe I shouldn't have explained any of this but I don't need you or anyone else blowing up because of me

As for scaling in when you already have the money and like the trade... most of the time, and I think atticus and others would agree, that you are better off to get it all in with your x% of your acct(bankroll etc...) that you've decided to risk on that trade and then stop out as predetermined quickly if your wrong and wait for the next opportunity.

I use all my margin and it is excessive but much smaller than that of our European counterparts... I can blow up in a heartbeat if I screw up...

I don't have time to fully access your strategy... if it works for you fine but sounds like you are playing with fire... especially if you get serious...

get into good habits right away so that there is no question when you are violating them and how that plays into your strategy as a whole or doesn't...

it's easy to fool yourself in this game...

to be honest the fact that you casually mention your acct wouldn't have been blown out over the weekend worries me as I get the sense this is throw away money which is fine but not the same as those who will pay their rent or buy groceries tomorrow with what they make or lose.

Just some thoughts and none meant to be demeaning

Maybe others can also look at your strategy, I don't mind if you don't...

Just don't look at mine because you won't find it here only glimpses...

Feel like I just wrote a book ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

103. wdbaker,

You and I are definately playing in a different ball park. I don't have anywhere even close to your experience. This is year 2 for me. I am not living off of my trading income. This is real money but I can easilly replace it with my current self-employment.

I follow a money mangement rule that would make it very difficult for me to blow out. Currently, the EUR/USD would need to go against me 55 cents (5500 pips) to blow me out, because for now I am trading with at most one mini lot (10,000) on an almost $6000 account because by my own rule the margin requirement can not exceed 10% of my total equity.

Am I playing it too safe? Probably.

Edit:

Actually, if I follow my own rule strictly, I am forced to stop trading or reload if my equity falls below $3000 X (EUR/USD) given the 3% margin requirement rule. So, actually that is considerably less than 55 cents ( more like 25 cents), but still enough cents that something absolutely massive would need to happen.

104. eur/usd short 1.2905

keeping a tight leash on this but looks good

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

105. I am long as of 21:55:43 EST at 1.290040. Shooting for an overnight 1.296. For my sake, I hope your wrong wdbaker. :D No stop set on this one.

106. eur/usd my guess 1.2888 or lower

Which isn't really hard to guess lol that the eur is going to break lower out of it's earlier lame azz consolidation lol ;)

No real brain storm here look for 1.2888 is she bust through there could be on it's way to the 1.2872 again nothing new

just keep an eye on for sure below 1.2888

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

107. Funny thing is, we're probably both right. The opening gap will partialy close. You will see 1.306 overnight or tomorrow before 4 pm EST. Of course after that, it may very well continue its decline.

108. Kobe steak = eur/usd pips,

I should call my pips Kobe steaks lol ;) wouldn't that be funny...

I don't think I could eat that much...

man made a bunch of Kobe's today...

probably offend some people ;)

definitely not calling em tofu's ha ha

getting bored by myself...

edit: this won't work, then I would have to send everyone a Kobe calculator ;) how many Kobe's equal a pip or other way around...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

109. eur/usd out 1.2897 8 Kobe's,

took my 8 Kobe's and left, she might be getting ready to run again...

I think i'm devaluing the Kobe, that stuff expensive as hell

now watch I'll find out my mentor is a vegan ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

110. You're flat?

Damn me! I just broke my own rule. Its too tempting. I'm long 20,000. Average cost 1.28978.

111. eur/usd short 1.2887

she running too

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

112. eur/usd tight leash,

she busted my line but it's still early...

gonna check the news for the helluva it

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

113. eur/usd short 1.2887,

gonna hangout, this will be more than a scalp...

unless of course it's got no swing

besides I miss the margin light

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

114. hope you got out alright,

the Kobe's looking pretty good short, I'm still short all this talking making me hungry again lol ;)

I guess they now raise Kobe in the US and probably other places... used to just be in the mountains of Japan I think and they took special care of them...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

115. no, i'm still in, but stop set at 1.27978. Good luck. I'm going to bed.

116. eur/usd and pizza,

All the Kobe talk made me hungy

can't leave so guess I order pizza with meat since they don't have Kobe ;)

pips could be pepperoni's, have to be a lot of pepperoni lol

I need to put my sig in here, starting to get annoying

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

117. eur/usd out and back in 1.2899,

Damn, try to order a pizza and had to pull the plug... got a way better short price though lol ;)

I probably would have stayed in but had too many things juggling at once and the pepperonis were priority ha ha

The Kobe's I bought earlier though weren't happy...

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

118. I'm out of 10,000 at 1.29240, trailing stop on 10,000 at 4:04 EST

119. Final 10,000 was knocked out by trailing stop at 1.29520 while I was sleeping. Nice little profit. Wdbaker, did you get out and back into your short at the "better price"?

120. eur/usd short for a bit now started 1.2951,

rolling her down and giving her some space to breathe

SimpleTrades, glad yours turned out alright

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

121. eur/usd 1.2937 long for a min,

sitting with sell handy

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

122. eur/usd short again 1.2935

i let you know when its over,

all this writing is distracting me

starting to feel schizophrenic and out of touch with the market... ;)

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

123. Stuck in the middle of a range! Where's this headed wdbaker?

124. How many pips on size?

125. wdbaker, looks like you're finally getting your wish. Are you still short?

126. the eight ball siezzzzed up????

LOL ;)

Please don't build on my intuitions or follow me...

My systems are so drastically different than most that I make the black box that pulls money for the big banks etc... look stupid...

Orb lol... ;) Orbviously i don't have that kind of money so won't move markets lol... or will I from that shiny new black hole sun box...

I'm pulling from a black hole box that knows no bounds... and at the moment requires my attention as I'm not yet genius enough to know how to make it think like me... and literally I can't keep up with it myself...

This is literally a feat for me to try and answer or give any direction... as it is all illusion as it must be for the entities making money to stay afloat...

I therefore end this as a simple example of:

what not to do...

If you're doing it wrong, what to think about...

I will start a new thread soon much like atticus with simple did what when...

but don't expect my news to be anymore pronto than the dj which I do not admire or any other news as $$$ speaks long before words written after the fact...

I leave it at that... look for a new more concise thread soon... just for kicks... ;)

And yes what ever your thinking... that's right... just continue with that... go with the flow... so much easier to stay in the stream of thought you've created...

Later

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

If at all possible, Moderators please close this thread

127. eur/usd short avg 1.2922,

how short for how long... only the shadow knows....

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee

128. out with a quick 20 pips

later

wdbaker
    xclr8tr
    atticus wannabee