Donald Trump -- Creating Jobs Since 1966 (est)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ph1l, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ph1l

ph1l

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/politics/mary-trump-book-donald-trump/index.html
    "Donald Trump's niece Mary Trump ... She even claimed that Trump even paid someone to take the SAT tests for him to help him get into the University of Pennsylvania."

I'm guessing the claim is Donald Trump hired someone to take the test before he applied as a transfer student to Wharton in 1966 (was retaking the SAT necessary for a transfer student?).

At that time, Mary Trump would have been about one year old. So either she has an amazing memory or possibly some agenda in mind.:D

Dr. Love likes this.
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Or else she had a parent, could his name have been Freddy, Jr.?, that grew up with Trump, and one day that parent, ah "Freddy", just let it slip to little Mary that his brother was a Jackass and cheat. Ya'think, maybe?

In Trump's life, it's a hot, sultry July evening about eight O'clock. The sun hangs low on the horizon, and the chickens are making their way to the roost.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  3. ph1l

ph1l

That's a possibility too.
    https://www.rehabs.com/blog/drunk-talk-isnt-just-nonsense-says-study
    "Drunk Talk Isn’t Just Nonsense, According to Study
    They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk."

4. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

It was his older brother's personal contact with the Wharton admissions guy allowed Donny to transfer in bypassing the high grades requirement of Wharton.

Since he did that, he would have known about Donny cheating.

ph1l likes this.
  5. ph1l

ph1l

That does make the claim more credible. And I verified it.
    https://poetsandquants.com/2019/07/...ily-friend/?pq-category=business-school-news/
    "In an interview with The Washington Post, James Nolan acknowledged that in 1966 he had a phone call from Fred Trump Jr. asking him to help his younger brother Donald gain admission to Wharton."

[​IMG]

Bugenhagen likes this.
  6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Interesting, I knew Wharton was not especially exclusive in those days not did not know it accepted more than half it's applicants.

"Nolan, now 81 years old, and Fred Trump Jr. had been best friends. They went to high school together and spent many hours in the Trump family home in Queens. Nolan told the Post he was sure the family hoped he could help get Trump into Wharton. The final decision rested with Nolan’s boss, who approved the application and is no longer living, according to Nolan, who would later become director of undergraduate admissions at Penn.

Yet, at the time, Wharton’s acceptance rates were nothing like the 6.49% admit rate today. In the mid-1960s, when Trump got into Wharton, the school accepted more than half of its applicants, Nolan told the Post, and transfer students had an even higher acceptance rate. “It was not very difficult,” Nolan said of the time Trump applied in 1966.“I certainly was not struck by any sense that I’m sitting before a genius. Certainly not a super genius.” A Penn official said the acceptance rate for 1966 was not available but noted that the school says on its website that the 1980 rate was “slightly greater than 40%.”

In any case, Trump transferred from Fordham to Wharton as a junior and graduated from Wharton in 1968. Ever since Trump has claimed that his graduation from Wharton is evidence of his intellect. Trump asserted that he went to “the hardest school to get into, the best school in the world,” calling it “super genius stuff.” Only last month, President Trump pointed to his studies there as he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to conservative economist Arthur Laffer. At that time, Trump claimed that he had studied the Laffer curve for many years in the “Wharton School of Finance,” even though it was not created until 1974, six years after his graduation from Wharton.
    "

I'd Laffer if it were funny.