Does python have toolboxes like matlab statistics/machine learning, wavelets, differential equations

Discussion in 'App Development' started by 2weels, May 14, 2017.

1. 2weels

2weels

Hello, anybody know if python libraries includes stuff like the matlab toolboxes:

statistics and machine learning
    signal processing
    image processing
    wavelets
    differential equations
    optimization
    parallel computing

Thanks...

2. sle

sle

Yes. I have switched from R to Python about two years ago and so far have not found anything that was lacking.

lovethetrade likes this.
  3. Pavel Koryakin

Pavel Koryakin Vendor

4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NumPy

5. Quiet1

Quiet1

Take the things you want and put " python" after it in google. Sorry if that's too technical an answer.

Zzoom and JITF like this.
  6. I searched for "braces python" and "strong typing python" but they both came back with no hits :D

lovethetrade likes this.
  7. 2weels

2weels

:)

8. 2weels

2weels

Thanks much everyone, seems like lots of python fans....

9. Quiet1

Quiet1

Sure you didn't enter "static typing" by mistake? Python is a strongly dynamically typed language, ie there's no funny implicit casting a la javascript. :)

10. Quiet1

Quiet1

If it was me I would google it, and for each one found, check if the library is on PyPi and when it was last updated/see how many people are involved with it on github. If it's a handful of people and the last update isn't in the last year probably I don't want to rely on it. If it's had check-ins by 200+ people and the last check-in was in the last week I can probably assume it's extremely well supported/current.

If I'm on a fishing trip because I don't really know what I might need, I just want to know the libraries are "comprehensive" then there isn't really any substitute for doing my own digging and knowing more about what I really want to do.

#10     May 15, 2017