Does anyone mentor? (for a fee)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by dafishman, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I know, it's a little crazy....But, I figured I would ask.

Yes, I know if you had the golden goose, why would you?

I know, I'm gullible...But, I still had to ask. Maybe, just maybe, someone trades profitable and it a recluse and don't have family...So, maybe they would enjoy it?

Probably not though right?

I'm looking to day trade or swing trade US equities ONLY. Options are ok as well... You must be located in the states. It's too hard for me to get together with others outside of N. America (canada ok).

If you are serious, I need proof as in TD statements, black out your name and pertinent info, or wherever you trade. I cannot take your "word" for it because you could be a scammer....

I would prefer to speak to you on the phone.

I'm not a newbie, I'm familiar with platforms and different orders, etc.

I am willing to sign a non-disclosure.

I am open to ideas, suggestions. Heck, I will donate to your favorite charity in your name if you don't need the cash.

So, I know this is beyond a long shot but hey, nothing wrong with trying right? Maybe someone out there has a golden goose and is generous. Nothing wrong if no one does, I certainly understand that as well....

Respond via PM is the best way. Wise asses keep your comments to yourself please and thank you.....

pennystockwhizzkid likes this.
  2. Plenty will, none will deliver, harsh truth.

3. What about mentors that are online? There's not a whole lot of good ones but there a few.

4. K-Pia

K-Pia

What's fragile ultimately breaks down.
    I wouldn't waste my time with you.
    You can not ask the markets ....
    For being nice with you.
    What you need is ...
    A cowboy ...

5. K-Pia

K-Pia

That's how far we've gone.
    People get shitty jobs & mediocre wages.
    All they can do is exchange pennies for commodities.
    They're trapped because pennies doesn't buy everything.
    Oh ... They think it buys love, happiness & friendships.
    Com On' ... Keep your pennies. Put them @ 5% ...
    Then learn to trade (Click), to backtest.
    Keep record & experiment.
    Try & fail then Progress.
    What's difficult ?!

By the way.... You don't buy a mentor.
    The one that ask money is a businessman.
    Not a mentor ... You don't buy skills. You earn them.
    Do you think farmers ask potatoes for teaching new comers ?
    Don't you think he has enough potatoes ? If not. It's a BS farmer.
    And if he has enough. It's a negative game for him to teach.

I know ... I am an ass.
    But you knew what would happen.
    And you did it anyway. So right here I am.

There are good posts on ET.
    Sure ... No holy grail readily available.
    But before wasting your pennies you should ...
    Try to make something out of these ET threads / posts.

You may not know it.
    But there's better food for free out there,
    Than what you find in big food shops for a leg.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    SimpleMeLike and Sahil Bajaj like this.
  6. tonynyc

tonynyc

7. I agree -- you can only teach or mentor, to a Certain...small extent.
    [​IMG]
    Beyond that...it's fully up to the trader...to See the Light in himself... o_O:wtf:

8. Xela

Xela

The kind of "proof" you're asking for is a good start, and you're definitely right to have the kind of attitudes you have, in this regard, for the obvious reason that it's easier for poor traders to make a living by teaching than it is by trading.

However, you haven't really mentioned checking their actual mentoring skills.

If someone's selling a "mentoring" service, you need them also to provide the names and email addresses of a couple of people with experience of that service, who can tell you what they got out of it. (And in exactly the same way, you'll be expected to consent, as part of the deal, to an email address being given out later to future prospective customers, to have a quick chat with them. This is normal. If someone in that position tells you that it isn't, they don't know what they're talking about, and that tells you what you need to know about them.)

If any propsective mentor tries to tell you that this is an unreasonable request, or comes up with excuses for not being to provide any details of any previous mentee to whom you can speak yourself, then run. It really is as simple as that. And don't be fobbed off with "prepared testimonials" whose authenticity you can't independently verify.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  9. There's plenty of people who will teach and mentor you who are not successfull themselves. ET has them in rich abundance.

So, whenever someone is only too eager to teach you, even if it's FREE, you can assume that 9 times out of 10 they're not successful themselves and thus have no business trying to teach others.

10. Saber

Saber