does america do enough for world hunger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Nov 7, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

i was looking through the world food programme report and noticed america gives almost the same amount to the wfp than britain even though it is about ten times wealthier.

Contribution by Donor
    Donor
    Amount(US$)
    Contribution (%)
    CERF
    24.4%
    AUSTRALIA
    2.9%
    BELGIUM
    0.6%
    CANADA
    5.5%
    DENMARK
    1.2%
    ECHO
    21.7%
    FINLAND
    0.8%
    FRANCE
    0.5%
    GERMANY
    1.1%
    IRELAND
    1.2%
    ITALY
    0.1%
    LUXEMBURG
    0.6%
    NETHERLANDS
    4.6%
    NORWAY
    1.1%
    SPAIN
    4.0%
    SWEDEN
    0.4%
    SWITZERLAND
    1.6%
    UNITED KINGDOM
    12.6%
    USA
    13.1%
    WFP (Private Donors)
    2.0%
    Total
    100.0%

http://www.humanitarianlogistics.org/documentation/WFP Aviation 2008 Annual Report.pdf

15 million dollars a year seriously that just takes the piss.

2. Who gives a fuck about Africans, when you can throw few billion to Israel every year, or couple of billion To our Muslim brothers in Egypt.

3. africa can produce lots of food,,zimbabwe once the bread basket of africa went to crap after mugabe took over. Africa is a wealthy continent,,but corrupt officials.

4. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

I am feeling the same way personally. I have been helping some relatives on and off for years. Sure enough they have financial problems again and want help. I’m probably not going to o it this time as I am just sick of them. Their problems are entirely of their own making because of mismanagement.

I feel that way about Africa too. Just let them fix it themselves. How long are they going to keep screwing up and will it ever end.

5. The US donation should be ZERO!!! The dumb fu(k govt is in DEBT. DEBTORS have no business donating to charity. They should pay off the fu(king debt first!

6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Since America is essentially bankrupt, I don't understand why we should give any money away. Of course, since our money is essentially toilet paper and we can print it whenever we want, I say we give 100 Trillion in aid every year.

7. morganist

morganist Guest

do you guys think bill gates is wasting his money then.

8. morganist, please understand...BILL GATES IS PART OF THE POWER ELITE - REPEAT BILL GATES IS PART OF THE POWER ELITE!!!!!. He is NOT giving away an amount of money THAT COULD SIGNIFICANTLY CHANGE HIS LIFESTYLE!!!!! Sure, he can give away "gazillions" - but, will he hurt because of it??? No!!!! Instead of having the US govt AT MOTHERFU(KING GUNPOINT EXTORT MONEY FROM HELPLESS TAX SLAVES - let the charity of the US people reign!

-gastropod

9. Interesting - you said "world food programme" and NOT "world food program!!!!!" You know - since you posed the question...and you appear to be from the UK...I pose this question:

When should the world community slice the balls of the so called males from the UK and sell them as dog food within Africa?

-gastropod

10. morganist

morganist Guest

i called it the world food programme because it is called the world food programme where ever you live.

http://www.wfp.org/

the castration part is a little hard. and i think uncalled for.

also why would you sell it for dog food when people are starving why not human food and let the dogs starve.

#10     Nov 8, 2009