Does ActiveTick COM API work?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by JohnTack, Feb 2, 2016.

1. JohnTack

JohnTack

Hi,
    Did anyone manage to compile and get working CSharp example ActiveTick provides with it's COM API?

Exe file from \Bin\ActiveTickFeedCOMCSExample.exe works fine.
    But when I try to work with source code project (ActiveTickFeedCOMCSExample.csproj) it wouldn't compile because IFeedEvents_OnLoginResponseEventHandler in ActiveTickFeedCOM.dll has one parameter (loginStatus) but in project and obviously in ActiveTickFeedCOMCSExample.exe they using 2 parameters (loginStatus, entitlements). Compiled project with 1 parameter handler is not working: it doesn't give any login response and all other things (like requesting data) wouldn't respond anything.

I guess they put wrong ActiveTickFeedCOM.dll. Anybody managed to use this COM API?

P.S. I tried both x64 and x86 versions. Interesting that \Bin\ActiveTickFeedCOMCSExample.exe only from x86 version works for me though I'm on win7 64

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. JohnTack

JohnTack

3. bleau

bleau

It shouldn't be a problem. Try to upgrade ur OS

4. Chucky

Chucky

Im using the Com object successfully in a Pascal / Larzarus project. I couldnt get the C# example to work either. I noticed the difference that you mentioned in the OnLoginResponse. I originally tried to use the C wrappers in the C++ interface to build the Lazarus project. I coould establish a connection but could never get past the authentication. There is a similar difference in the C++ API as well. It puzzled me as to why the documentation was generated on different versions of both APIs. They are not up to date. What was released was not what was documented. The com interface works great but i'm using pascal and generated an interface unit to it using importtl.exe for the IFeed object and used EventSinkImp at techvangaurds.com to generate the IFeedEvents object. I wish the Active Tick people would have released a pure c api to their product. The only problem I have with the com interface is it returns a maximum of 100,000 records, so fetching a days worth of tick data on a very active stock has to be broken down by hours.