Documents Show Gonzales Approved Firings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 24, 2007.

1. In other words, the congress should relinquish their role of oversight and allow the president to do whatever he pleases. You might as well ask for a king.

#41     Mar 28, 2007
  2. On some issues, yes. This would be one of those issues. Political appointees can be hired and fired for any reason at all. That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it should continue. This is just another example of the rabid left denouncing all things Bush, without giving any thought to implications down the road. Congress has enough on their plate without this chicken shit investigation. In the big picture, it means nothing. Just another shot at Bush. Big F'N deal. In the meantime, troops still die in Iraq for nothing. SSN is still broke. healthcare is a joke. Immigration is still the 600lb. gorilla about to kick our asses. You know, stuff like that.

#42     Mar 28, 2007
  3. I find your argument very disingenuous. First, dismissing the USA's in the middle of a term is unprecedented (ie never been done before). Second, the WH lied about the reason. Now, if it were perfectly ok to do so, why did they lie about it before anyone asked quesions?

And for you, when the congress did take up the Iraq issue, I didn't see you support the congress either. Instead, you always find ways to attack the democrats. Admit it, you're neither a democrat nor a libertarian. A real loser, that's you.

#43     Mar 28, 2007
  4. You don't want to have a debate, you want to make personal attacks against anyone that has a different opinion. How's that workin' for you and your kind so far? Not at all. Thanks for helping dems get defeated in the last two presidential elections.

#44     Mar 28, 2007
  5. If calling a liar a liar is personal attack, then let it be. You claim to be a democrat but never pass on an opportunity to attack democrats, and never agree with any democrats on issues. I'll keep pointing that out until you stop claiming yourself as a democrat.

#45     Mar 28, 2007
  6. Zell Miller claims to be a democrat...

http://www.slate.com/id/2105700/

So does Lieberman (I think...who knows at this point) though he is officially an independent and may swing republican...

So what people say they are doesn't really matter, what matters is what issues they do or do not support.

#46     Mar 28, 2007
  7. I don't know about Zell Miller (whether he's truthful or not) but I know for a fact that Lieberman is a liar.

#47     Mar 28, 2007
  8. I "never" agree with dem issues? Again, I must point out your selective reading. Iraq? Out, NOW! National healthcare? Yes, NOW! Bush is a terrible president? YES! Save jobs? YES! Better employee benefits? YES! And more! Must I go through all of my posts to point out when and where I've stated these things? Anyone that reads this political forum knows I have written those statements, more than once. However, I don't blame Bush and Republicans for everything as radical leftists like yourself would have me do. Dems are full of shit too, and pointing that out is a position of strength, not weakness.

#48     Mar 28, 2007