Documents Show Gonzales Approved Firings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Actually quite a few JB.

Not just criminal conspiracy in connection (complicit in the coverup) to Watergate but also a host of illegal fundraising operations in which he was directly knowledgeable.

#11     Mar 26, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

Resign in embarrassment or forced out? One word. Clinton.

#12     Mar 26, 2007
  3. Knowledge of a crime does not equal accessory to the crime.

The bar for a president, OTOH, should be much higher than not being a criminal. Same goes for the AG. "No law is broken" cannot be used as an excuse.

Otherwise why would Nixon try to coverup since he broke no law himself (at least prior to the coverup)?

#13     Mar 26, 2007
  4. No surprise that you don't see the relevance...

#14     Mar 26, 2007
  5. If Dean himself apparently sees no relevance then why would anyone else......

#15     Mar 26, 2007
  6. There's ZERO analogy between Gonzalez and Nixon.

Bush/Gonzalez can fire anyone they like. Just as Clinton was able to fire 92 Federal prosecutors when he took office.

Did Rove need to explain to Congress the dismissal of Brown from his post at FEMA. Or discuss Rumsfeld's firing?

Back to Nixon. You're right that knowledge of a crime is not in itself criminal. However abetting a criminal in the avoidance of prosecution is a crime. That's why criminal attorney's prefer to not know the complicity of their clients. If I'm a lawyer and you admit your guilt to me then I'm prohibited from developing evidence in your defense that I know is false.

#16     Mar 26, 2007
  7. When did Bush take office? Last November?

#17     Mar 26, 2007
  8. This is what I responded to, relevantly...thanks for the continuing display of your emerging senility.

"What law did Nixon break?

Answer: None.

#18     Mar 26, 2007
  9. So in your opinion firing someone you didn't hire requires less transparency than firing someone you did hire?

The law doesn't care about the difference.....

#19     Mar 26, 2007
  10. "emerging senility" ? :confused:

I thought he was senile already... :D

#20     Mar 26, 2007