Documentary about day trading

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by FatMensch2K, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Any New York-based traders who might want to participate in a video (documentary) about day-trading / our interactions with markets? Message me here or at jettstrauss@gmail.com for more information.

2. I can't believe there are no replies. If I were a live day trader instead of a paper-trading position trader, I'd certainly be interested.

3. i know right!!!?

4. Day trading, sometime I am work as day tarder which open and closed order on same day, but stil prefer tarde as swing trading, tis more comfortable to analyze the market although let position more than a day still comfortable

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You gave instructions for them to email you...correct ?

You now saying nobody emailed you or you got very little interest in the emails ?

Regardless, day trading has been on a decline since the 2008 - 2009 financial crisis and so has other types of trading like swing trading. Thus, the crisis impacted everything. In addition, maybe you're not aware..New York is no longer the main hub (location) of day traders.

That title now belongs to London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Chicago. There's a list somewhere I read last year and London was at the top of the hill. In addition, some of the world's biggest real money trading competitions are out of Europe.

I'm guessing but I think the above is mainly due to the growth and traverse of day traders from stocks & futures to the FX markets. FX markets is huge in Europe and Asia for day traders.

In addition, you posted your message in the announcements section. That's ok but if you want to catch more viewers...you're going to need to repost your message in the "Trading" section of this forum @ http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?forums/trading.1/

Also, I don't know if you meant there's a low interest at this specific forum or if its an overall low interest elsewhere online but if you're looking to catch the eye of other traders online (most don't hang out at Elitetrader.com)...

Post our message on twitter and stocktwits too because there's a lot more active day traders using those resources.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. You know what the best forum / method for getting in contact with Forex traders in London?

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

8. anyone on twitter in particular you think I could approach?

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

No but you can easily use key word searchs on twitter to find out traders that say they are "day trading" and they live in "New York" or nearby areas. You can also create hashtags for such and then track its use by others.

10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Also, there's a way to find location tracking on twitter. What I mean is that any trader that has put their location in their twitter profile as New York...there's a way to find that but I don't remember how to do it or what twitter API does it for you.

Worth asking or calling twitter about such.

In addition, you gave a gmail email as you contact. Make sure you enable your +Google profile and make it public along with including your New York location. More and more people are utilizing +Google and I think Google has bigger plans for it for communication and collaboration tool beyond its current use.

#10     Mar 29, 2016