Do you think the markets will fall next week?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Nov 10, 2018.

1. TTT

TTT

It would be interesting to see different points of view

2. tomorton

tomorton

I always start my TA of every chart with a snapshot of basic set parameters. Results for the Dow are -

20EMA slope = upwards = Bullish
    50EMA slope = upwards = Bullish
    20/50EMA sequence = 20 is below 50 = Bearish
    Bullish / Bearish close sequence of weekly bars = 2 up = Bullish (but not much)
    Sequence of weekly bars not breached by 50EMA = 0 = Neutral
    Sequence of weekly closes above/below 50EMA = 1 above = Bullish (but not much)
    Is weekly close in top or bottom third of range? = top = Bullish

For me to take a long-term trend-following trade, the first 3 parameters must be in agreement. Usually, when a chart is reversing from Bearish to Bullish, the 20EMA slope is the first of the 3 to reverse, then the 50 slope, then the 20/50 sequence. FWIW, the Nasdaq and S&P are weaker.

Conclusions -
    So far the snapshot looks like a story of a chart trying to turn bullish but its actually not making much progress.

There isn't a trend-following trade for me in either direction. If I was forced to trade this index, I would either a) set a sell order below Friday's low, or b) a buy above Thursday's high and a sell below Friday's low but I hate doing that as I don't have much conviction for either if triggered. I would rather short the Nasdaq (but not yet).

cvds16 likes this.
  3. d08

d08

Seasonality is starting to come into play as we head toward thanksgiving. Last week can go either way but it's likely to remain volatile. But after that, it's going to get quiet fast.

vanzandt likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

next week, it will
    FALL AND ALSO RISE !

5. TTT

TTT

The global indexes have turned down, I think that next week there will be falls.
    It is my opinion.

6. TTT

TTT

tvc_4814d069c38ef9de511158fdefec128f.png

7. TTT

TTT

the GDOW broke the support and is now retesting.
    I think the falls have not ended.

8. TTT

TTT

An inverted hammer candle has been formed in weekly

9. TTT

TTT

Swing weekly down.
    In intraday, sell rebounds.

10. TTT

TTT

This Christmas I want a crystal ball :sneaky:

#10     Nov 10, 2018