Do you guys rely on the business channels such as CNBC and others for trade ideas ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by etradeqeko, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

do you watch these channels and programs such as squawk box or cramer's shows etc to get trade ideas.

Thank you

2. Not at all. Its just noise.

cafeole and Peter10 like this.
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Big investors and traders love CNBC because they feed useless tips long after the insiders have already acted! That just sets up the retail investors and traders to be slaughtered. Considering insiders have 3 days to report any huge transactions either buying or selling of their company shares, by the time you get the information, the insiders have already acted on it! Such information has no value! The stockcharts, price action and volume can tell you more about a stock than useless tips!

elitenapper and jpmswiss like this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

everything must be looked at as part of the game.

etradeqeko likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

No, not really. I watch news only during big events.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Only for investment ideas. As for trading itself...those decisions are exclusively my own.

Regardless, I watch or audio only for CNBC, Bloomberg and BNN Bloomberg...mainly on mobile devices when I'm not trading or taking a break from trading (e.g. during lunch, medical appointments in waiting rooms, transportation of the kids to school) so that I'm not clueless about global events impacting the markets when I return back to trading.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. maxinger

maxinger

Absolutely Not.

To put it nicely,
    Most news are inaccurate, slow, useless, worthless, confusing, senseless.

cafeole, elitenapper and tomorton like this.
  8. lindq

lindq

I suspect that if I was to tune in to CNBC, I would double their ratings.

MarkBrown likes this.
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

no

10. wjk

wjk

Fed Rate (and presser when applicable), Minutes, and Non Farms. I'd give them one more rating if they covered Draghi presser on ECB rate days, but unless they've changed that, I'm not aware of much ECB coverage on CNBC (I go to: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/home/html/index.en.html for the Draghi pressers).

Some considerable time back, I used to like some of their morning guys (the late Mark Haines and Joe Kernen were a couple). The show was called "Squawk Box". I found that show entertaining. I lost interest after Haines died.

#10     Aug 6, 2018