Do females make better traders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Sep 28, 2009.

1. bat1

bat1

How about 'GAY' men? wonder if theres an advantage to hiring
    Gay men as traders..

#21     Sep 29, 2009
  2. Interesting topic. On balance I have found that women do indeed make better traders. Women seem to be more realistic and they also seem to be more protective of both profits and principle. They also seem to be able to follow the rules better overall. In addition, they seem to have superior instinct (that woman’s intuition). But I have also ran into a few with huge ego's. Those cases are worse than the typical male!!

Good trading everyone!
    This has been a great year to be trading futures and equities! Its been one of those amazing years, and we are quickly closing out another decade! Seems like we just closed out the nineties!

Floyd Upperman

#22     Sep 29, 2009
  3. Nitro meet glycerin. :D

#23     Sep 29, 2009
  4. I think (most) not all, men of all culture are the more aggressive by nature. Women (most) not all, have caution and patience.
    So maybe the best is the women and man team?

#24     Sep 29, 2009
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Women are more intuitive than men, women are more inclined to ask about "Whats my downside". Women are more detail-oriented and have a different attitude about risk. There is less hubris and there's more 'What am i missing?' Women are less likely to blow up, a la Long term capital management, but it can also--or so the story goes be why women don't typically score the outsized returns. (I remember i read that somewhere.)

This i know for sure, women are a lot more than sex objects. I can list many more women with brains, humor, daring, fun times and excitement than many men i knew.

Many men, even well educated men are afraid of a classy women with a great body and a great mind. The average man is scared stiff she will reject him and his fragile ego so the guys go on badmouthing the women. :p

PS: and a final word on the subject................ women can be very aggressive if they want something, be it yourself or whatever. Women thing things through a lot more than men do, men shoot from the hip and think later. Women know what they are after before they go out and get it. :)

#25     Sep 29, 2009
  6. 1. who gives a shi!t
    2. it doesn't matter because knowing this won't improve your trading
    3. why isn't this babble in chit chat?

#26     Sep 29, 2009
  7. Why are you so bitter, were you dumped recently?

#27     Sep 29, 2009

8. not at all. just tired of seeing posts like this on a forum that's supposed to be about trading.

this belongs in chit chat.

#28     Sep 29, 2009
  9. Ask Mrs. pekelo. She knows all just ask her.

#29     Sep 29, 2009
  10. I am not sure if have noticed, 90% of this site is CHIT CHAT?

#30     Sep 29, 2009