DNDN 10 Days away from FDA approval

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Informed, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Informed

Informed

What can you see from the schedule?

=============================================
    CONGRESS DAY 4 – 22nd April - STREAM 2 – CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPIES: REDEFINING A MARKET
    Chairman’s opening remarks
    Dr Jeffrey Schlom,
    Chief, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, Vaccine Research Center / NIAID / NIH
    Critical endpoints and response criteria for cancer vaccine clinical trial design

* Identifying endpoints and types of approvals and providing clinical evidence of effectiveness
    * Why Phase III trials fail / novel Phase II trial designs to avoid a Phase III trial failure. Learning from the past
    * Avoiding clinical hold and landmines in cancer vaccine development. Progressing through FDA

Dr Bindu George,
    Medical Review Officer, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapy, CBER, US Food and Drug Administration

Pivotal Phase III IMPACT study results in advanced prostate cancer

* Pivotal Phase 3 IMPACT study of PROVENGE® (sipuleucel-T) meeting its primary endpoint of significantly improving overall survival compared to placebo
    * IMPACT results confirming further potential for active cellular immunotherapy candidates
    * Meeting criteria and specifications in its SPA agreement and amendments to its existing Biologic License Application to advance through regulatory process and seek licensure

2. DNDN will sell off on the news, if not worse. I say this after having made a huge amount on holding DNDN from 23 to 36 recently. Save my butt, in fact.

But this is a sell the news event. There might, and i mean only maybe, be a spike on the initial approval, but it will be short lived.

The truth is everyone knows approval is almost guaranteed, and the big hedge fund investors will sell into the excitement. ONce approval is finished they will have a long slog to show actual revenues & profits.

Personally, i think DNDN is an exciting company, but this is a time to get ready to take profits, not buy in on an "approval pop". Its just not that easy...

3. Informed

Informed

Hedge funds only have ~5 million shares, too little for next Apple or DNA.

Announcement of approval during this meeting would be huge positive news.

Next: Partner and new indications.

BTW, everyone is waiting for Apple sell off tomorrow.

4. I also have DNDN from about 25 and still hold onto it. I'm getting pretty fricking nervous. I was going to write calls when it hit 40. I still might do something along those lines to protect my profits, I'm getting too nervous that the approval is a bit too obvious.

5. Informed

Informed

The news will be on every front page, classic last minutes approval run starts today.

6. Informed

Informed

Look like elitetraders are getting nervous or on the sideline waiting for a sell off, good sign.

7. same here, looking to write atm calls just before the announcement.

8. Informed

Informed

Tomorrow might be the day:D

9. Informed

Informed

The MM is setting to run up the stock slowly toward 45 till May 1, but tomorrow's meeting might screw their plan, I imagine tomorrow meeting might run like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    @9:00 FDA presents how to set up end point (excuse for delaying 3 years)

@9:30 When DNDN CMO on the stage, the Chairman and FDA comes back to announce FDA has just approved...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

@9:00 DNDN halted pending FDA announcement
    @9:30 news hits the wire DNDN received FDA approval
    @10:00 DNDN conference,
    @11:00 resume trading $50
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

(I personally prefer no announcement tomorrow, but who knows)

10. Informed

Informed

http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/wvcdc/Programme_5067.stm

CONGRESS DAY 4 – 22nd April - STREAM 2 – CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPIES: REDEFINING A MARKET
    Chairman’s opening remarks
    Dr Jeffrey Schlom,
    Chief, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, Vaccine Research Center / NIAID / NIH
    Critical endpoints and response criteria for cancer vaccine clinical trial design

* Identifying endpoints and types of approvals and providing clinical evidence of effectiveness
    * Why Phase III trials fail / novel Phase II trial designs to avoid a Phase III trial failure. Learning from the past
    * Avoiding clinical hold and landmines in cancer vaccine development. Progressing through FDA

Dr Bindu George,
    Medical Review Officer, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapy, CBER, US Food and Drug Administration
    Pivotal Phase III IMPACT study results in advanced prostate cancer

* Pivotal Phase 3 IMPACT study of PROVENGE® (sipuleucel-T) meeting its primary endpoint of significantly improving overall survival compared to placebo
    * IMPACT results confirming further potential for active cellular immunotherapy candidates
    * Meeting criteria and specifications in its SPA agreement and amendments to its existing Biologic License Application to advance through regulatory process and seek licensure

Dr Mark Frohlich,
    Chief Medical Officer, Dendreon Corporation

#10     Apr 21, 2010