DK Metcalf, 1.9% bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LacesOut, Mar 3, 2019.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

Wide Receiver Should be taken in first round of this year’s NFL Draft.
    Unreal! Ran a 4.4 second 40 yard dash, too.
    upload_2019-3-3_22-6-56.jpeg

2. In addition to that Mandingo body, he's probably also got a HUGE dick!

Some guys have all the luck. (Heavy sigh.)

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I was under the impression that you cant really get below 4% because anything below that amount is essential fat that the body needs just to function properly. So I'm a little skeptical on that 1.6% number.

Visaria likes this.
  4. He's impressively lean, but I don't think he's at 1.6%. Today's "pro" bodybuilders are leaner than this guy and they're not close to 1.6%.

Oh, and by the way. Steroids.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. LacesOut

LacesOut

He corrected the record to say 1.9%.
    But that’s still insane. He’s a monster.

6. I'm pretty sure it's still wrong.

7. 1.9% no shot

Jacked, ripped, yes but 1.9% is nearly impossible to get to and impossible to maintain

8. LacesOut

LacesOut

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I highly doubt both numbers. Baron is right, under a certain % it is actually dangerous to maintain such a low %, the body simply needs fat.

Oh yeah, others agree:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/dk-metcalf-body-fat-nfl-draft-combine-percentage

"Basically, if Metcalf’s body fat was at 1.6 (or 1.9) percent, his health would be at serious risk. A male athlete needs at least 3 percent body fat to account for essential organ functions. Metcalf certainly would not have been able to perform at the level he did in Indianapolis at a sub-2 body fat percentage without facing a medical emergency.

Georgie Fear, R.D., author of Lean Habits for Lifelong Weight, detailed the effects of dangerously low body fat to Men’s Journal:

“A body-fat percentage below 5% is regarded as a warning sign of poor health, even in elite athletes. Male bodybuilders typically go below 5% for competition, but don’t stay there in the off-season.” That’s because body fat is integral to keeping your entire body—including your cardiovascular, endocrine, reproductive, skeletal, and central nervous systems—in check. Without enough body fat, they all go haywire."

Matt Damon lost weight for a role 2 decades ago and his thyroid glands have been screwed ever since...

https://www.foodbeast.com/news/matt-damon-chicken-diet/

"If that sad diet wasn't enough, Damon said he ran 13 miles a day, as well.
    A doctor later told Damon he could have permanently shrunken his heart and killed himself, so there's that."

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  10. I saw that and believed it was incorrect. Even most ripped athletes are in the 4-6% range. No way he survives a grueling NFL season on such a BF number but I believe it is incorrect anyway.

#10     Mar 5, 2019