DIS

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Feb 25, 2020.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Took a loss today. :(

I know that many don't talk about their losses... but I think that it helps.

I thought that Disney Plus would rocket them ahead in the "streaming wars."

Then Corona virus hit.. and they closed their theme parks in China and Hong Kong.. and it's getting worse and worse every day. Much as I think that CV is a lot of hype... hype matters... it affects how peeps think... and how they trade.

Yes, CV creates supply chain issues for AAPL et alia, but they faced those issues years ago when the trade wars started, and diversified their supply chain. This really creates a structural issue for DIS--they' can't "diversify" a theme park in Beijing. They have to close it.

I know it's cliche', but I'm going to go to my favorite bar tonight, have a shot or two of Jack Daniels, and think about what I did wrong.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. traider

traider

No stock is safe, it's just a general sell off. Don't bother too much with individual stock analysis unless you have a huge research team. It's just market beta

3. kmiklas

kmiklas

4. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I wish Iger left before he assigned those idiots to work on Star Wars. Stayed just long enough to destroy the greatest movie franchise in history.