Did they change option expiration dates?

Discussion in 'Options' started by IShopAtPublix, Sep 12, 2015.

1. I have not traded stock options in ages but when I login into my TDAmeritrade/OptionsXpress accounts and look up options for AAPL I see things like "expiring first week of october, 2nd week of october, 3rd week of october, end of october". It used to be 3rd Friday of the month end of story. Did that change and when did that change? Bigcharts.com still shows option chains the way I am used to.

I also saw something similar for futures options when I was looking at options chains for emini S&P500 on optionsxpress for October. I wonder if it is a glitch. Futures expire on specific dates so why should options on them not do the same.

2. rwk

rwk

3. Haha, that's funny. Had you simply Googled the words [options expiration dates times] you would have come up with 46.3 million results the top 10,000 or so explaining all the different options expiration dates and time. That would include monthlys, weeklys, end-of-month, equities, futures, forex, and so on. A visit to the CBOE, CBOT, CME, OIC, and OCC websites (as a start) wouldn't hurt either.

As an aside you need to start shopping at Whole Foods, Wegmans and Trader Joes more often. Although Publix is good for some stuff. Expand your universe.

Best

S Leeds
    ES Weeklys Trader