Develop interest in trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vin2018, May 7, 2019.

1. vin2018

vin2018

How should a person develop interest in trading?

I meet a lot of people who know that they can make good money from trading but are lacking enthusiasm for the same.

The interest regarding trading is missing in them.

2. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Why do you care? Are you trying to sell these people something?

Bottom line...some people arent degenerate gamblers (calculated risk takers) like us. Some people dont care that much about money to spend there time staring at a screen.

CME Observer likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

I know that I can run a three minute mile I just lack the enthusium to do it.

cafeole, dozu888, imjohn and 2 others like this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

i too in fact most are just not interested..

i think most have tried but do not want to say so.

in fact most tell me what the hell can you make out from the chart?

5. TradeEMX

TradeEMX

For me my interest developed from reading about business and the economy. But most will develop an interest because they start to profit from trading - once you profit, you get addicted.

6. Handle123

Handle123

In my case, doing it over 4 decades, parts of trading has become like a nagging wife, more of a frustration at times, you do anything this long, you do it without thinking. What was once exciting like Price Action last couple days, have seen it all few times. I still "discover" something that been in front of me all this time and not written in books, and this is exciting. The actual manual trading never cared to do as it wastes one's time looking at small sticks on a display. Automation has increased my ability for new avenues I didn't have before and free's up much time I never had before. I lost value of money some time back in the 1990's, just a way to keep score, but I do have enthusiasm when I can cut drawdowns a tenth of a point or understand physics a bit better. As far as reading anything about trading, stopped that ten years ago, most are rehashes of previous tones or some delusional fantasies that against market principles to attract the greedy newbies who think they will compete toe to toe with the sharks, but they can't remember to put on clean underwear.

expiated likes this.
  7. expiated

expiated

Most people I meet who are interested in trading turn out to be kind of wishy-washy nonetheless, so I would imagine the challenge of developing interest in someone who has no interest is almost beyond the realm of possibility. Trading successfully takes a commitment of years in almost every case, so probably anyone who is not already interested should just stay away.

tenny1886 and vin2018 like this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

1. Have you found any gambler who told you they lost their shirt gambling? Most told you how much they won in the past.

2. Lack of enthusiasm? Because they lost their shirt trading.

vin2018 likes this.