Dest's keys to physical health

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by destriero, Sep 1, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

I've sworn-off posting trades on ET, save for the follow-up to the AMZN trade posted to the opposite journal. I have to have some public outlet while trading so I'll stick around to offer advice and troll losers.

It's been a long time since I've posted my nutritional/supplement regimen and it's been culled to a large extent. I travel a lot since I've become a dual-national and the travel required me to pare stuff down. I was tired of all the questions from Customs about why I am transporting so many pills.

I have my telomere test done yearly. My telomeric-age has remained stable at 38-40. I am a decade older than my telomeric-age.

This is my current supplement routine; descending in importance (IMO):

1. CoQ10; ubiquinone: 1,200 to 1,800mg per day. I typically take three tsp of CoQ10 powder suspended in coconut oil, but I also carry the 600mg gel caps when traveling. Must be taken before 10am local time! Start with 1,200mg and titrate up/down depending on general well-being.

2. Sublingual GSH; glutathione: dosage varies due to the half-life, but I chew the Source Naturals sub-GSH every few hours. It's gotta be sublingual as the standard caps will not survive to first-pass.

3. NAC; N-Acetylcysteine: the de facto standard for supraphysiologic-GSH in plasma, but hard on the stomach. I take what I believe to be the best product available; Jarrow's N-A-C Sustain bilayer tablet.

4. EPA fish oil: no more than 5g per day.

5. ALCAR + RALA: important for FA-metabolism, mito, 6:00 on Krebs. Regens other antiOx. Great pumps taken pre-post anaerobic workout.

6. Nutrient 950 multivitamin

7. Mg-Orotate: for sleep and benzo-like effects.

I am sure there are some more that I'll add later along with my typical aerobic and anaerobic routines.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    contra likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Armodafinil!

lucysparabola likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Have you tried eating fresh fruit and veges with a dose of sunshine? :)

smileypete and niko79542 like this.
  4. nursebee

nursebee

How did your recent drive thru experience affect your telomeres?

lucysparabola likes this.
  5. If you had to guess, what do you think your telomeric-age would be if you just ate clean and exercised properly, without taking any of the supplements you mentioned?

6. niko79542

niko79542

I enjoy this topic ... Both reading others and working on my own. Here are mine. These are geared towards managing stress levels, whether it is internal stress on the body from high weight, high blood sugar ... Or external stress from work, relationships...

[Diet] - Ensure regularly going #2. Limited Sugar, Alcohol, Caffeine. Managing blood pressure, blood sugar.

[Sleep] - Enough to wake up in a good mood.

[Exercise] - I do Ballet, Yoga, Sprinting. [Ballet] for smiling, good posture, outlet for self expression, memory (of dance routines), and creativity. [Yoga] for Digestion, Mood, oxygenating the body. [Sprints] on the track or grass for low impact on joints and hitting a high heart rate for 15 minutes/day.

[Meditation/Journaling/Yoga] - For a non-sticky mind. Thoughts that flow. Im still working on this one.

[Friends and acquaintances/Laughter] - I am still working on this one as well. I am an introvert. My mind tells me I would like to live alone and not be bothered by other people (I have 20 housemates right now). But to take the bad with the good ... The good being that we need social interaction, forgiveness, and laughter.

themickey likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

Higher. I couldn't say.

8. LOL!

Found this site handy for calculating dietary vitamins and minerals:

https://cronometer.com/

9. dest, what's your take on l-carnosine?

10. deaddog

deaddog

Can you expand on why you are taking these.
    I believe I may have a few years on you and pride myself in not taking any pills.

#10     Sep 2, 2018