depression

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stochastix, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Anyone deal with this? How? I'm so isolated and being around others doesn't help, they just distract with babbling noise.. like how people act mindless at restaurants just shoveling food in their face making noise and the glare from the sun hits all the shitty looking stuff in the vicinity and makes for a shitty experience. Migraines too, neck fucking hurts, back only recently stopped hurting . a few people I do know like to attack me because my other successful aspects of life make them realize how shitty and unaccomplished they are . The great ppl I know are busy and working all the time, everyone lives in their bubble of presumption that has nothing to do with what I'm working on because they can't comprehend it so therefore default to just babbling about their life again, in the default western way where people only associate their sense of self with their voluntary muscle movements

nrstrader, Sprout, VPhantom and 5 others like this.
  2. Yes.

Your entire post seems very negative and one where you blame external factors. People shoveling food in their face shouldn't affect you in any way.

Depression is usually an internal thing. It's very easy to think this or that is the cause of your depression. It can have many causes.

I've been severly depressed once. Mostly because I burned out due to a severe workload/lack of sleep and was going through some kind of existential crisis without going too much in detail on that.

Things that helped me was:

- Moderate excercise. Walks are fine if that's all your body can handle at the moment.
    - Healthy diet
    - Healthy supplements (unsure about this one today, but high doses of omega 3 and vitamin D is likely beneficial against depression)
    - Sunlight
    - Only watching positive stuff on TV, books, etc.
    - Listening to calm music. Classical stuff for me.
    - Affirmations, being positive, controlling my thoughts, etc. Even if it feels fake initially.

3. Nobert

Nobert

If your personality is leaning towards an introvert character and those others are noy ,,like minded people" than it's twice as damaging.

Try working in a solo skill, and finding like-minded people. Visit coffee bars on regular basis, just to stay among/with the people.

Make sure you're eating properly/enough and exercise. Our body is made for movement.

4. great ideas.

5. Thank you for the solid advice . I'm actually working on the riemann hypothesis and have some code on my project up at http://github.com/crowlogic/arb4j. I need to get in touch with some authors but I have no degree and am worried about ivory tower people stealing my idea , perhaps irrational given that there is plenty of evidence I originated this line of inquiry

beginner66 and Nobert like this.
  6. Also, being kind to yourself and others.

I think a key factor in life is to accept that you are to a very large degree responsible for your own well-being and happiness. Once you accept this you empower yourself and can start taking the right actions to shape your own destiny.

How does your ideal life look like? What do you want in your life? Find out and move towards it.

Is that negative attitude or self-talk helping you achieve that? No? Then shut your pie hole. :)

Sprout, Zwaen, M.W. and 3 others like this.
  7. Great ideas I do those regularly, didn't sleep enough got dizzy passed out banged my knee . Sucks. I have very sensitive hearing, hyperacusis like symptoms.. it's not that the people are the problem per se it's just how bad I feel , migraines as well so I need to do something about it . I used to be very outgoing but after some injuries and near death experience I just still feel a bit shell-shocked and in back of my mind I always feel like it could happen again (traffic accident when I was stressed out working for this broker in nyc)

Laissez Faire and Leob like this.
  8. Hello stochastix,

Your Question:
    How do I deal with all the above you stated?

My Answer:
    1. Go Hunting
    2. Have alot of Good Sex as much as possible. No Pullout!!!!
    3. Try to scale up to 10 to XX NQ future contracts as fast as fucking possible by manually trading everyday. Currently I am at MNQ contracts. Ugghhh, Long way to go
    4. Work on building a scalping algo to scale up to 10 to XX NQ future contracts as fast as fucking possible.
    5. Working on being a Millionaire as fast as fucking possible.
    6. Work out to stay lean and build muscles and looking good to continue number 2.

Tasks 1 through 5 is more than enough to keep me busy.

9. Leob

Leob

You are good person LF.
    Health!

10. I like your attitude man, this is partly what I'm missing is hearing about others successes and what they are motivated about . Yes I feel like a chump only making 50% return a year my goal was 100. I'd like to get a bmw m3 for a new toy

#10     Apr 11, 2022