Dendreon (DNDN) Tuesday. Cure for Cancer? Does stock go to $0, or $75 after Tues.?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Apr 26, 2009.

1. trom

trom

There were trades from CBO reported late, during the halt.

#51     Apr 29, 2009
  2. If they were buying, how do you explain the tremendous drop off on just 2.5m shares? there was an earlier move in volume and the stock only ran up about a point. It just doesn't make sense. I don't know what kind of crooked bullshit happened with that stock yesterday but it should be corrected

#52     Apr 29, 2009
  3. They ran the stops. No one had standing buy orders from low 20's down to single digits. Why would they? If the data was leaked early, who would want to buy 10-20 when the stock would go back below 5?

Real easy to manipulate those types of situations for some big money guys. Peg the bids for a point or two and let the stops trigger an avalanche of selling. Then buy everything when it hits "x".

#53     Apr 29, 2009
  4. i understand what you're saying, but I just dont see it falling THAT far from just stops. Besides that, the news was good.
    Either way im pissed because I got fucked on my options spread and don't know how

#54     Apr 29, 2009
  5. In a liquidity vaccuum it doesn't take too many shares to cause moves like that.

There were literally almost no standing buy orders from 22 down to single digits. Nothing to slow the avalanche of stops being triggered.

#55     Apr 29, 2009
  6. Dustin

Dustin

It was a fat finger. It's a good thing they let the trades stand...it means they are tradeable situations for us.

#56     Apr 29, 2009
  7. I would just like some food for thought on my options.

yesterday I was up 1500% now today im negative

i had 12.50 puts and 30 calls. they changed the symbol on the calls and i dont know why. yesterday the calls were trading at nearly $4 with the stock at 25. now its at 24 and change and the options are at 60 cents wtf????

#57     Apr 29, 2009
  8. If you were really up 1500% on your positions and you were holding into the news, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

At that point, the Risk/Reward was drastically against you.

#58     Apr 29, 2009
  9. Mvic

Mvic

Volatility has collapsed.

#59     Apr 29, 2009

10. they halted the stock, was I supposed to know when they were going to do that?

when the stock ran up my calls were worth nearly 8, i paid 1.40
    my put options went from 89 cents to 6 dollars before the news came out when the stock dropped down, but there wasn't enough time to close them out. besides, the whole point of the spread was FOR the news so i was waiting for it to come out. that drastic drop killed the whole situation apparently.

#60     Apr 29, 2009