December 19 debate - where we are at

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 6, 2019.

1. I hope Joe does not go off the rails and call Amy Klobuchar "fat." That would be hurtful to UsualTard and we do not want that.

So who has qualified for the December debate? The candidates are:

Others have fulfilled one, but not both requirements:

The other 10 candidates in the field have not reached either threshold:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ocratic-debate-6th-pbs-politico-2020-election

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. What a list. The only person who is even plausible as president is Biden, but he is obviously not up to it. Tucker has said nice things about Delaney, even though they are poles apart on most policies, but at least he is smart, has a lot of real world experience and is not obviously crazy. We all love Tulsi of course, but she is also on the dem crazy train on most policies.

Otherwise, you could pick more capable and certainly less crazy people at random off the street.

3. As discussed, the dems have really backed themselves into a pickle with this All-Whitey debate coming up. They are angry as hell and it seems like something that they should be able to blame on the republicans and society and Thomas Jefferson or something but they can't find the handle for doing that. It's their party. Their rules. They own most of the media.

Looks like we are going to have a debate to discuss why the debate is so white and what the candidates would do about. Gets ridiculouser and ridiculouser. And the solutions will be even more Orwellian. You hear some buzz about how to rig it so that if you have low-support but are minority you still get in somehow - with the implication that if you are just a generic white guy with low support- maybe you have been a governor or a mayor of NYC or something like that- that is not enough.

Crazy shiite. Gonna get into more hysteria and crazy talk as the debate approaches in ten days or so.

They are plenty embarassed though. Nothing worse for a dem than to have a problem and not be able to figure out how to blame it on Trump. Yeh, that hurts.

Some of them are going the route of lashing out at the DNC, the idea being "that's something the DNC did, not Democrats." Okay fine, whatever. Their problem, not mine. When the dems figure out how to fix their problem, I am pretty sure that the cure will be worse than the problem. It's what they do.

from the Daily Beast:

Of course, there is nothing wrong with Democrats selecting a white presidential candidate to represent the party. But that should be up to the voters, and not the DNC by means of their debate inclusion practices.

Those candidates can, however strike a blow for diversity. They should band together and threaten to boycott the December Democratic debate unless the DNC and media partners agree to not exclude candidates who have shown measurable public support before the voting begins. That includes, at the very least, Cory Booker and Julian Castro, and could also include Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard, who have managed to make the most recent debate stage despite long odds.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democ...debate-and-the-white-candidates-should-say-so

dozu888, traderob and Snarkhund like this.
  4. LacesOut

LacesOut

Where is Mike ‘sorry I said you were well-spoken’ Bloomberg?
    Got plans to apologize to some charity for donating too much money?

5. Bloomy actually acquits himself rather well in this interview- which of course means nothing to the lefties.

But in regard to why the field collapsed and all the diversity types fell out he says: "I don't know." And that others could get in if they wanted to so basically why is it my job to explain that?

Not gonna make it that way Bloomy. You are not feeling sorry enough and are supposed to be committing hari kari over everything, not just stop and frisk.

Also, he basically said that he got in the race because all the other candidates were losers, and then had to pretty it up a little. Yeh, Bloomy just learning that being woke is a full time job. You don't just do it once and then you are done for the month. Yesterday's points get you nothing.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-bloomberg-slams-democratic-debate-diversity-narrative

6. I think the obvious answer is to round up a few affirmative action dems, like their big fave Stacey Abrams and feature them prominently, despite them not qualifying. You know, like they do with everything else, eg college admissions, plum jobs, government contracts. After all, slavery yada yada yada.

7. smallfil

smallfil

Let us assume for a moment that the Democrat Primaries are not rigged and has not already been decided in favor of Hillary Clinton. So, assuming that, the only ones you can say as the best of the group is Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Michael Bloomberg. Common sense would dictate that you have debates only featuring these 5. Pocahontas of course, has already fallen off her high horse thanks to her Medicare for All. Now, she is pretty much done. Same goes for Bernie Sanders for the same Medicare for All and other freebies he is tossing around. There is not enough monies to pay for it. Joe Biden is barely hanging on by a thread. Michael Bloomberg has his so called accomplishments being put out on tv. His outrageous claims have not been challenged yet, but, I assume it will be soon enough.

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. UsualName

UsualName

Gabbard and Yang are very much on the bubble for not making the cut, Warren continues her slide & Biden most likely gained from Harris dropping out:

07ECC914-9253-4D4D-B9CC-49646FFEA705.jpeg

Klobuchar is in a now or never moment. She has to hit Warren as hard as possible in this next debate to show she can tear someone down.

Warren thinks she’s going to score some points on Biden and Buttigieg targeting their fundraisers with big donors but she just doesn’t understand base democrats don’t care about that kind of thing and she will continue to fall.

The way i see the race right now is the biggest threat to Biden would be if Elizabeth Warren dropped out and endorsed Sanders before she totally collapses and her supporters scatter.

10. People project their own hype on to the numbers as always.

For example, BootyBoy is considered to be a massively rising star. So his number is at 8%.

Whereas Bloomberg has only been in the race for a couple weeks, and almost everyone considers him to be a ridiculous long shot. Yet, he is already at 5%, ahead of Klobuchar and whereever Harris was.

Not much of a spread there considering the two entirely different stories projected upon them.

No punchline there. Just sayin. Lots of twists and turn at the edges too, not just at the top of the slate.

#10     Dec 10, 2019