DD Day Trading Diary

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Dollardogs, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Dollardogs

Dollardogs

Is it allowed to do personal trading diaries in this section? I'm trying out a mix of day and swing trading, and I'd love to get roasted on my mistakes with technical analysis. I still struggle to read candles in real time and to pinpoint valid support and resistance levels. Here's two trades I did this week, first arrow is entry, second arrow is exit. In both cases, I thought I'd identified a clear floor, and then the plot thickened...

MU 4:8 FULL.png NVDA 4:12:22.png

2. easymon1

easymon1

Do you trade these together for a reason or do they just happen to be on the same post?

3. jnbadger

jnbadger

MU is from Friday. NVDA is today.

NVDA has been weak most of the day, and was a great short when it broke through yesterdays close right after you bought it. I only trade relative strength and weakness, so I've shorted NVDA a couple of times today and they both worked out. KMX has been the best for me so far today though.

Not sure about MU. The NQ was down on Friday and the YM was up. AMD had just come out with earnings that morning and couldn't get anything going.

easymon1 likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

5. jnbadger

jnbadger

6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Oh, gotcha. I'm not familiar with IB.

7. Dollardogs

Dollardogs

Yeah, in both cases, I seem to have found false support, bought, had to ride out an uncomfortable dip. NVDA I so goofed up I was just glad to get out even 20 mins later. Helpful tip on watching the prior day's close. Besides the sector weakness, anything specifically technical I'm missing here? Should I be waiting for a stronger momentum candle when it's a setup like this to confirm support? I just keep thinking I've found support, only to watch my foot go thru the floor!

8. Dollardogs

Dollardogs

No, just two recent trades where I seemed to make the same mistake: false bottom jobs.

Btw, are you Bigalow yourself or just a fan? I've been watching his T-line videos, interesting.

9. maxinger

maxinger

there is no support in the first place.

jnbadger likes this.
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

I don't watch sectors. If a stock hits my scanner and is weak, I'll short it if I see a very specific setup. Inverse for a long. After all of these years, I've seen a sector be strong and a stock in that sector be very weak. I honestly didn't remember what the hell KMX did until after I looked it up after the close. Ah yes. CarMax. Who gives a shit? Not me. It was a weak stock so I shorted it again and again and again. Just following exit rules every time. I ONLY care about things that are strong or weak relative to the market. And BTW, after 25 years, all I use is bar charts on various time frames. No indicators other than volume profile on TOS.

#10     Apr 12, 2022