Daytrading equities after work

Discussion in 'Journals' started by LLL1, Mar 11, 2017.

1. LLL1

LLL1

Hello.
    I come home after work about 11-12 EST (I am not from USA).
    Here I am going to trade just a few setups below with clear horizontal support/resistance levels. And this is very hard to me because as I see I can`t control myself and to wait my setups calmly. Every day before trading I say myself that I will trade just my setups but after about 2 hours without activity (trades) I become nervous and get in ugly trade. Losses from such trades terminate my rare profits and my confidence in future deals.
    Actually there are just some days with my setups every month. Main goal to avoid trades that don`t fit my setups.
    Maybe some publicity in this thread will help me to make right trades.

upload_2017-3-11_16-57-20.png

2. LLL1

LLL1

10-03
    And here an example of my problem - there was no my setup but I made this trade.
    upload_2017-3-11_17-35-4.png

3. just21

just21

Trade the last half hour ramp due to etf rebalancing and vol trading. Articles are on zerohedge.

4. LLL1

LLL1

Thanks but now I just want to control quality of my trades.

5. BonScott

BonScott

I think not waiting for the correct trades is a common problem.
    Each time I make a stupid mistake that is not in my plan, I try to write down exactly what it was, and then not do it again tomorrow. And then tomorrow comes and I do it again.
    Repeat this circle, until my brain finally understands, and I have climbed another step of the stairway to trading heaven.

I try to see my job as looking for the correct trade, and not about making money.
    I have enough concentration to do about 1 hour of trading after the open each day.
    Most of the trading is actually doing nothing except watching, waiting, listening to music.

6. Telepuzik

Telepuzik

Do you trade with United Traders?

7. I don't mean disrespect,just give you something to ponder about

Daytrading equities requires work

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    lovethetrade and murray t turtle like this.
  8. LLL1

LLL1

Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!! No words.
    Broke all my own rules and was autoclosed by my broker (day loss limit).
    -$66.31
    Didn`t trade for about 1 week because didn`t find my setups. But today I lost my patience 2 times.
    1 - Last years I used to trade breakouts of day`s high or low and now i reap the fruits of this habit very often.
    upload_2017-3-21_20-27-48.png
    2 - Then I wanted to close terminal and even wrote here some text but decided to look at some stocks and traded REVERSAL today when all stocks fall down strongly. I made this mistake a lot of time.
    upload_2017-3-21_22-0-23.png

9. LLL1

LLL1

24-03-2016
    -$22.51
    Tried long.
    upload_2017-3-24_22-0-51.png

10. LLL1

LLL1

Statement for march
    upload_2017-4-2_13-2-47.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017