Daytraders, Would You Say Setups and Triggers Act Differently In Moves Up vs Down ? Doji Up vs Dn?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by easymon1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Would You Say Setups and Triggers Act Differently In Moves Up vs Down ?

Do you see any difference in Your Price-Action Setups Probability-wise, up vs down?

Exit Rules up vs down?
    Your Indicators up vs down?

eg, Steve Bigalow claims Dojis Act different at the Top than Bot.
    Agree / disagree

doji rules9.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Trading Master and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. easymon1,

From my experience day to day trading, I disagree. Those dojis look the same in a bear or bull market condition. The setups look the same to me in a top or bottom market.

In addition, I think it's best to not have this type of thinking "does the setup look more rewarding in bear or bull market condition" because this is just an added variable the brain has to think about during trade decision.

Note: I am an inconsistent profitable day trader still in progress to a consistent profitable trader. Please take what I just stated as my personal opinion and experience only.

3. Nothing will work if they have strong fundamentals like sam as Tesla nowdays

4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I don't use doji for decision support, because they indicate uncertainty. I use hammers and engulfing patterns.

Re long vs short setups there are substantial differences. Main price action difference is selling has steeper angle drops than buying angle for breakouts. Eg stocks take stairs up,, elevator down analogy.

SimpleMeLike and Trading Master like this.