Day Trading Futures emini NASDAQ-100

Discussion in 'Journals' started by malaspina, Feb 14, 2010.

1. This trade was made on February 10, 2010.

Today the market was wild during the morning, the emini nasdaq 100 was bouncing up and down with tremendous force, market action was coming in front of my screen showing high volume, still my system only gave me a buy long signal around 10:45am, the risk was very low and the potential reward was high so I jumped in and place my buy order for 5 contracts. Again, it never looked back, 30 minutes later I close my position after I detected capitulation volume with a nice profit of US$ 965. This was a 10 points move, W/L Ratio was 8.04.

[​IMG]

It is important to note that the long-term view of the market is up (long term trend is up). We still need more time to see if a market correction will take place, only time will tell.

Remember, there is no way to predict the future but we sure can surf the trend in place.

Stay tune for more.
    Humberto Malaspina. :)

2. Very nice Humberto. Are you here to teach us or are you here to impress with your trading? By the way, was that a paper trade or real money? You see, here there is no way to confirm. you should go to the ES forum, it is full of diverse traders.

3. after viewing your website, I see that you are a simple approach trader. This is what most traders on ET forums cannot accept. Actually the lines are crutches because by now you see the same picture without the lines. t he turns etc are now recognized by you, no doubt. I like your stuff since mine is the same. Down sell up buy at low high position in channel to reduce risk. Buy dips sell rallies in channel up or down. Yes, this is simple and accurate. Very accurate. Have a great day

4. This is one of the most important things to do. Yes, get out of the market as fast as you can when you are wrong, and remember the market does not care so you better. Live today to trade another day. That is why it is so important to risk only 2% or less of your equity on any trade. Look at the trade below dated Sep/28/2009 (took it from my trading log), there was a nice set up for a short trade, I made a mistake a enter the market too late, minutes later the market turned against my position but my stop loss was there to protect me, I lost US$ 135 (5 contracts traded), but here I am today still trading.

Think long term…

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for more.

Humberto Malaspina:)

5. emini NASDAQ Short Play on Feb 16 2010, only 18 minutes.

I always say, trading must be mechanical following a real trading plan based on rules. Well this is one of those examples. Boom!!!, long entry signal at 9:18 am, risking only 2.40% of my equity (it should had been 2%, my bad), I took the long trade, it never looked back until 18 minutes later when one of my exit signals was flashing, so I obeyed as a soldier and get out at 1793 for a profit of US$ 415 (5 contracts traded). This was a 4,5 points move with a risk/reward ratio of 4.5. Look a chart below.

[​IMG]

ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR PLAN, NEVER TAKE A DETOUR.

Stay tune for more.

Humberto Malaspina.:)

6. Today was a hard day, in business there are good days and bad days. Well, today I made 3 trades (emini nasdaq-100, 5 contracts), in one I made US$ 315 and then I lost two times in a row, I lost US$ -60 in the second trade and US$ -135 in the last one. The balance for the day was + US$ 120 (Including commissions). As you can see I came ahead because I cut my losers very, very fast.

Look a charts below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will always lose money trading, it is part of the game, the important thing is to lose little money only a few times and to win big (much more than you lose) most of the time.

Stay tune for more.

Humberto Malaspina.

7. Today there was a wild market during the morning, no chance, my system said to stay away so I did. I waited patiently until 1:00pm, I got a long signal around 1:18pm so I went long 5 contracts, never looked back, 12 minutes later I closed my position after capitulation volume with a nice profit of US$ 465.

Look a chart below.

[​IMG]

If there is nothing going on, do nothing, wait for the right set up.

Stay tune for more.

Humberto Malaspina.

8. This trade was simple, low risk (1.20%), bought 5 contracts long (1821) at set up trade based in price action. It went up fast against previous day high, then I notice a small sign of weakness and I closed my position at 1825.25. Profit US$ 465.

This was all my work for the day, then I headed for the beach in front of my home to run 10 Km. It is very important to keep it fit.

Look a charts below.

[​IMG]

Remember there is more in life than trading. Do it, keep risk low and enjoy life.

Stay tune for more.

Humberto Malaspina.

9. Assuming you are a great trader just post real-time OR an actual account and you will build a subscriber base in no time.

10. I will post my next swing play entry for the emini s&p 500 in my Swing Trading Futures emini S&P 500 thread.

I will continue to post my emini nasdaq day trades here. It is imposible for me to post real time day trades.

Humberto Malaspina.

#10     Feb 21, 2010