DAX & FTSE Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by increasenow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Started: July 17, 2008

DAX & FTSE Journal:

FTSE Daytrade Margin: 675 british pounds ($1,350 USD approx)
    1 pt move=10 british pounds ($20 USD approx.)

DAX Daytrade Margin: 2,000 Euros ($3,150 USD approx)
    1 pt move=25 Euros ($40 USD approx)

QUESTION:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET LOWER DAYTRADE MARGINS FOR BOTH OF THESE(DAX and FTSE)?

2. I trade from the USA (Chicago Time) but I am into...

EXPLOITING overnight DAX/FTSE & DOW/SP DIVERGENCES...does anyone trade off of the divergences you might find created by the DAX/FTSE when the US markets (Dow, SP) opens?...example...DAX/FTSE soaring and trading higher all day...US markets open and they are weak...and heading lower...therefore the DAX/FTSE seek to "adjust" and sell off to 'end the divergence' and get closer to where US markets are(weaker in the example)...seems as if great set-ups can be found for trading the DAX and FTSE using this strategy...anyone with insight on this...??other strategies using DAX/FTSE and DOW/SP divergences...?

3. will trade 1 DAX and 1 FTSE contract per daytrade to begin with...$$$USD goal per day...at LEAST $200.00 USD...All DAX & FTSE trades will be from 8:30am to 10:30am Chicago time only...

4. here is the deal...it would take me about 4 YM contracts to = 1 FTSE contract...why pay the commissions and easier to control 1 FTSE contract than 4 YM...

also...

it would take me about 8 YM contracts to = 1 DAX contract...why pay the commissions and it is easier to control 1 DAX contract than 8 YM...

5. DAX spread is usually .5 to 1 pt only!!!!...wow...the CL can get to about .10 cents....DAX is very granual...

FTSE spread can be from .5 to 1.5...still...very granual...

6. this did happen today...created great sell set-up for DAX and FTSE traders..

7. PLEASE...I OFFICIALLY INVITE all DAX and FTSE traders to this thread...please share your expertise and insight...professional DAX and FTSE traders as well as newbie traders...please chiime in here!!!