Dat feel when you exited the market top & forgot you still owned crypto

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Cuddles, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

2. That would be me, but somehow I don't have any feels to grab. In fact, I did not even exit all of PA equity positions in Feb nor did I sell my 'coins (have no idea what's going on in that market, but it's only 6 bitcoins). This said, I started re-allocating to cash + govies starting in late 2018 with a target of 80%. Now that the good levels are here, I am planning to add stocks, corps and a little more crypto. Not all at once, but rotate over the coming year or so.

I am sure all the elite traders here have exited equities right before the virus story hit and went short everything. My experience, however, has been that making macro calls is hard and if you investing for the horizon of 20 years, it's easier to think in allocations rather than timing. From my perspective, that's the critical difference between trading and investing. An investor thinks in decades and does not fidget when he takes a small hit. Also, a smart investor would weigh their assets based on the volatility so the crypto allocation (just like anything that volatile) would be pretty small.

PS. Corporate bonds and municipals are looking very attractive at the moment, probably more interesting than equities.

3. gmal

gmal

Leveraged muni etf XMPT looks very attractive.
    https://www.vaneck.com/etf/income/xmpt/overview/

30day SEC yield is 4.1% (6.5%@ 37% bracket), it is trading at discount also.

Same Lazy Element likes this.
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

A lot of people got wrecked today.... Very sad, BTC down 40%!

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

not even mad though, buy the dip!

Trader Curt likes this.
  6. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

The question is, How far is this dip going to dip??? The only support I can find after 4500 is 3k, This is one savage dump!

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

seems like 4600$ is holding....though we'll see how tomorrow's stock market holds. In any case, I severely underestimated the amount of "noob" money in crypto. Thought it was all 'true believers' at this point.

Thought it could be bag holders dumping to jump on the flash sale in equities.

8. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

The thing is, all the other stock markets are crashing too, Gold, and I believe the smp 500 is dumping right now because of this corona virus. We were supposed to have strong support at 6k with Bitcoin. But since the other stock markets are pulling us down with them, who knows where this is going to stop at? Maybe when a cure for the virus comes out they will start tanking upwards?

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

nvmnd, 3k here we come

10. Not an elite trader, I went short at the peak but mismanaged the trade (missed out on a half million easy). There are lots of things to get in the way of a good trade, (almost) none of them external. Slowly though, I am making progress towards regaining what I should have made with more intelligent trade management.

#10     Mar 13, 2020