DAS W/ Mac Bootcamp & TWS vs. DAS ProCons

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Fatsweatybulldog, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Hello. Has anyone used DAS Trader with their Mac? Either using with Parallels or with Bootcamp? I have installed Windows on my iMac and use bootcamp so I can use my Macs full computing capacity. DAS seems to work fine on the windows side but before I commit wanted to see if anyone has used this setup before. I know some aspects are different when it has to do with keyboards, or extra monitors because my Mac/or maybe windows doesn't have the Drivers. I've been using TWS on my MAC and haven't been happy with the Charting and execution. If you have used both platforms could you give me a pro con list of what you liked?

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

My comments are not specific to the software you want to use but rather running additional software to accommodate trading software. I also like MAC operating systems, but you should run platforms on the native applications that they were meant to run on. An operating system that combines another system is ok, however, in trading, you do not want to create additional software components that could cause misfunctions.

Second, it does add a layer of latency that could potentially affect your execution.

CALLumbus likes this.