DANGEROUS: Obama Skips Over Half Daily Intelligence Briefings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

President Obama is touting his foreign policy experience on the campaign trail, but startling new statistics suggest that national security has not necessarily been the personal priority the president makes it out to be. It turns out that more than half the time, the commander in chief does not attend his daily intelligence meeting.

The Government Accountability Institute examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.

While the Bush records are not yet available electronically for analysis, officials tell me the former president held his intelligence meeting six days a week, no exceptions — usually with the vice president, the White House chief of staff, the national security adviser, the director of National Intelligence, or their deputies, and CIA briefers in attendance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...24afe8-fb49-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Odumbo has no time for "intelligence", all that matters now is getting re-elected.

3. Why would he attend such meetings? He's not interested in the security and continued sovereignty of the US.... he's interested in bringing down the country... even DESTROYING IT!

He won't be happy until the US is under some kind of Communits-like/Muslim rule under Sharia law.

:mad:

4. "While the Bush records are not yet available electronically for analysis, officials tell me the former president held his intelligence meeting six days a week, no exceptions — usually with the vice president, the White House chief of staff, the national security adviser, the director of National Intelligence, or their deputies, and CIA briefers in attendance."

And even with this Bush failed to protect our country !!! :(
    And started an unprovoked, unnecessary war !!! :(
    Costing thousands of Americans lives and tens of thousands of foreigners lives !!! :(
    Costing America hundreds of billions in wasted war dollars !!! :(

Obama does very well compared to Bush, fact.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Subjective.

6. Of course, but Bush did set the bar pretty low. But, we can't really blame Bush. Insert Cheney, Rove, Rummy and the gang, and I mean gang.

7. It's probably best that he skips these meetings, in the same way that we'd be better off if congress only met for a few weeks every two years. Obama has zero experience in military matters or foreign affairs. He never had any responsibility for making decisions of any importance prior to becoming president. He never led anything, never had anyone looking to him for leadership.

It shows in his weakness and vacillation. The last thing we need is a novice like him making snap decisions based on some briefing.

8. I don't see Obama ever making snap decisions. He seems to take time to digest input from his team. Not that any of us really knows for sure, but he just doesn't seem like a snap judgement kind of guy.

Obama haters will obviously say and do anything to try to make him look bad. Sorry to see you fall to the level, maybe it's just temporary, and you'll see things better with his second term.

9. pspr

pspr

Still, he should have a clue what is happening with regard to the safety of America. It's pretty obvious that right now he doesn't know much about anything.

10. I think he's pretty well informed, and we'll see the big variable during the debates I'm guessing. I'm pretty sure he gets the Intelligence briefings, perhaps he's just a fast reader?

I know it's hard to like the Other guy, and I also know that no one really Likes the Ryan/romney ticket either. It's a tough place to be these days for you. Just grin and bear it for 4 more years, the Sun will still rise in the East, and all will be good.

And, I know you had a tough time defending Bush and his cronies as well. Maybe after Hillary wins in 2016, then by 2024 you can come out into the sunshine. Just screwing with you, we'll have to see if Hillary actually feels well enough to run.

#10     Sep 10, 2012