Dalio warns Feds hands are tied and higher U.S. inflation is sticking around. Democracy, maybe not.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bugsy, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

2. maxinger

maxinger

3. Bugsy

Bugsy

I categorize trader under poor people, since most of us end up there :D

4. MKTrader

MKTrader

We're not a democracy (which comes down to mob rule) anyway. But yeah, the powers that be don't like constitutional republics, which limit their power even more.

5. JSOP

JSOP

murray t turtle and Bugsy like this.
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Dalio warns Feds hands are tied and higher U.S. inflation is sticking around. Democracy, maybe not.

The Feds' hands are not tied; they are being taken hostage by the lazy a$$'s who don't want to work to create wealth anymore and the lack of robots to replace them.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    beginner66 and Bugsy like this.
  7. %%
    Good points, accurate points, better than any so called
    ''prediction''

Brilliant system =checks + balances, which limits their power even more.................................................................................................................

MKTrader likes this.
  8. ktm

ktm

Ray Dalio is a very interesting guy. I agree with a lot he has to say and I feel like he always has more but he's almost scared to say it.

Somewhere in this current mess the country needs a messenger that spells out the kinds of things Dalio is eluding to in real terms. I personally don't believe income equality (and many other "social issues" that rule the news cycles) are true problems. I've had friends from Africa marvel at how the "poor" in the US have huge TVs, nice cars, expensive cell phones, refrigerators - and they are often fat. I don't personally care how rich the rich are, but I agree the lower levels need to keep pace with some relative measure of indexed earnings etc...

People do need to come together, but first they need to be able to separate facts and real economics from virtue signals and social/political agendas.

piezoe, ElCubano, Bugsy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

That's a very telling statement, isn't it? Sometimes the "poor" do better than the working middle class.

One of the ways how? Child Care Tax credits!

Before the Child tax credit, what did the kids eat? Cheap oatmeal. Now that the parents are getting free government checks for each kid, what are the kids eating? Cheap oatmeal. Nothing has changed. The parents take that extra money and buy themselves toys. Quite a racket.

I say that tax credit needs to stop at child number 2. You are poor and decide to have more than 2 kids? That's your own problem. I ain't paying for you to become a baby mill so you can get free stuff.

Bugsy likes this.
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

Especially for those of us with no kids. Between my job and trading I'm getting raped by the federal government. A girl I work with and her dude purposely choose not to get married. They have 4 kids and 1 says they live with their parents. Both single head of household claiming 2 kids apiece while I subsidize this bs. I dont blame her for taking advantage of a stupid tax law, but it sucks for people like me having to pay 10s of thousands in taxes a year.

#10     Dec 16, 2021