Cycle Theory

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Oct 13, 2019.

1. expiated

expiated

I already have a profitable Forex trading system. It requires ongoing attention however, whereas recent observations lead me to believe that a system based on cycle theory—that cyclical forces, both long and short, drive price movements and can be used to anticipate turning points—might be just as profitable, or nearly so, but much less labor intensive.

I'm therefore planning to test the theory starting this week and will be using this journal to record trade outcomes to assess the theory's validity (given that the systems's primary cycle will be other than the 24-hour market cycle, an aspect of trading with which I am already familiar).

Philo Judeaus and Handle123 like this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

On been on this road many years dealing with cycles, never been able to even get 50/50 results, so it be interesting to see how you do and looking forward to your posts. Seasonal cycles are a given but timing been too vague, too often been the case of being too early for longer term durations like monthly/weekly/daily, now though using hedging not nearly as expensive to be too early.

But like just about anything can be made into doable system so long as risk management is first in my case.

3. TommyR

TommyR

psychyl thoery has been largely discredited in academic and global literature

4. You're not the only one.

5. %%
    Cycles in stocks sounds like fishing in a dry hole; unless one studies bull + bear cycles- but they are called bear + bull markets more than cycles. My comments are limited to stocks/ETFs...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

6. schizo

schizo

What kind of "cyclical forces" are we talking about? Price, time, momentum, etc?

7. expiated

expiated

Sunday / October 13, 2019 / 4:15 p.m. PST
    ScreenHunter_6958 Oct. 13 16.10.jpg
    UPDATE: I just discovered I was using a chart with the wrong time frame. In making the correction, I found that a launch pad had not yet been established. If the trade turns out to make money, than fine, but it will not have been a test of the system. In other words, I still have yet to make my initial trade to begin testing this system.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  8. expiated

expiated

second image.png

9. expiated

expiated

Sunday / October 13, 2019 / 8:35 p.m. PST

better entry.png

Waiting on the chocolate moving average would have been the most conservative move of all. (Please excuse the misspelling of "notwithstanding.")

10. For some reason, I just really liked that phrase. :)

(No content here; carry on.)

#10     Oct 14, 2019