Curtis Faith's new book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by runningman, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I just got a notice on Amazon that Curtis Faith has a new turtle book out. Looked pretty interesting-- I enjoyed his first. Actually all the turtle books have been good reads. Anyone know anything about the new one?

2. LOL :D

Q. How many books can you get out of the Turtle Trading story?

A. As many as people will buy! :p

3. Yeah, I like Curtis but I am wondering what else could be new about the Turtles that is worth an additional book also. I think the horse is dead by now.

4. Just to be fair to you I went to Amazon and glanced at the book. Seems the focus is more on the psychological aspects of trading and managing your mental states while trading (dealing with drawdown, keeping your mental focus, staying within the parameters of your system, etc.).

All-in-all, really good advice.

But remember, he has choosen to write books and develop software about trading. So my question to you is "what happened to his actually doing the trading himself"? :confused:

5. See past association with Galt Capital and Acceleration Capital. Their performance numbers were pretty bad if I remember correctly. There was also a lawsuit with Ed Sekoyta so many court docs are floating around as well as an action by CFTC (don't remember details though). As to why he writes books, well it is easier than making a living being a trader.

6. They say about 5% of traders make it successfully. You would have to include Seykota and Faith in that top 5%.
    Which begs the question: what percentage of the "5%" continue to be successful?

7. Millionaire

Millionaire

Reminds me of Alpesh Patels book 'Mind of a Trader', seems like Faith will be talking to some of the Turtles instead..

8. KeLo

KeLo

An Amazon review states that on a youtube video, Faith concedes losing everything. I have not confirmed it personally

9. "They say about 5% of traders make it successfully. You would have to include Seykota and Faith in that top 5%.
    Which begs the question: what percentage of the "5%" continue to be successful? "

If the top 5% cant maintain profitability, what changes? How can you make millions and end up not being profitable? Not much writen about that or I have not noticed. Anyway I would like to read Curtis's new book.

10. Millionaire

Millionaire

In the you tube video its not stated he lost it all by trading.. In his book he says he started a few other ventures including an airline.. and he also claims to have lost alot in his divorce.

#10     Apr 4, 2009