Current lifestyle not sustainable?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by eliteubertrader, Mar 27, 2018.

1. I am just wondering what kind of lifestyle ppl supposed to have for governments to run balanced budgets?

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You're struggling because you have the premises wrong.

The government tail must never wag the populace dog.

It's not that hard: fund your life --
    do your best in Seeking Happiness according to your Life and your Liberty --
    when things are best as a group -- including delegating Police Powers to the Government,
    fund the thing so that it can do what it was built to do. "Res Publica" and all that.

Just don't let it get out of hand. Else, you suffer.

speedo likes this.
  3. "The government tail must never wag the populace dog."
    Yes, but it does and I don't think it will ever end. So it means our current lifestyle need to go way lower, let' say like in Ukraine, where your utilities bill (electricity, heat at cetera) is 60% of your monthly wage.

4. zdreg

zdreg

it is also called Venezuela and dozens of other shit holes around the world. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...me-xenophobia-spreads-as-refugees-flee-crisis

think of the US as a slow leaking balloon. the $US sinking slowly until it sinks fast.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    eliteubertrader likes this.
  5. So it means everyone need to buy physical GOLD and store it home? Cause in all those shit oles only gold kept it's value. I don' see any other way to protect savings

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Posted like a good sheep.

OR you could get involved.

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

"Mr. Franklin! What kind of government have you given us, sir?"
    "A republic, if you can keep it."

speedo likes this.
  8. zdreg

zdreg

how are you going to protect your gold from marauding bands? do research on the subject and share the results.

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. Call police, I guess. We are not talking of total disintegration of society here. There' s still government and police/ambulance/fire in Ukraine. It just a standard of living went down and it cost way more to have nesesities

10. ironchef

ironchef

When you have hyperinflation like Venezuela, the police/Government are part of the marauding bands to take away your gold.

#10     Apr 3, 2018